VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I want to transport a Canadian canoe on top of my T4 with a pop top and wonder if anyone has used one of these inflatable HandiRack systems?

Any feedback welcome.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi I have one, I use it to transport camping kit on top of my Alfa, pretty good so far, you need four doors for the one I've got, to connect the two roof bars. the inflatable roof bars are good, and the bag is pretty strong, you need to fill it up when it on the car though, the only bit that's a bit it connecting the bag to the bars when it's full up, you have a long tie which you have to feed through and over the top, I have a van now so I won't be needing it anymore, the bag will come in handy or I might chuck the lot on eBay

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just read your post again, if your just using the bars I think you would be okay to tie the canoe to them, don't know how you would connect the bars to your van though, I connect mine by opening the doors and running the tie through and back up over the other side, you could use the front doors but not sure about the rear bar, could you run it under the pop top

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks and apologies, I hadn't realised it was so long since I'd visited the forum.
Have used the rack now and it works great. As you say you need an opening on each side of your van (door or window) but the front strap goes through the front doors.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am planning on fitting brackets (Check strap cleat - typ 2 55>67) to my pop top rear section to allow me to fit the Handirack, may also do it at the front rather than run strap through cab. That way, no rain into cab, no strap slapping back of my head, and I can raise the poptop without taking the Handirack off.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I planning on using a handirack on an Austop roof. Hopefully connecting easi rack to rear hinges and then front one through the window. Easi Rack on sale in towsure at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts