VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a whole load of Vel Trim for sale here there and eveywhere but it doesn't come in the colour I want.

Soft Trim however does - anyone used it? I'm planning to do the fiddly bits with accoustic cloth and the panels with Soft Trim if its a goer...

-r

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi romsey, What colour is it your after? We supply both the Veltrim and Softrim also the acoustic cloth so get back to us with colour and I'm sure I'll be able to help.

Regards

Harrisons Trim Supplies

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Hi romsey, What colour is it your after? We supply both the Veltrim and Softrim also the acoustic cloth so get back to us with colour and I'm sure I'll be able to help.

Regards

Harrisons Trim Supplies
What quantities do you sell these in? I see you advertise roll sizes in 2x30 But that's enough to do a small fleet of T4's.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi ipod bob, we sell our lining carpet by the metre. We do have an offer on our Ebay shop for 10 tins of high temperature glue with 10 metres of lining carpet (which will be enough to do your van) for £105 this also includes free next day delivery.

Take a look

Harrisons Trim Supplies

·
Registered
356 Posts
hi there harrisons looking for ,4 mts of burgany and 3 mts of black veltrim plus the glue to put it on with ,need it for sataday ,doncaster can you let us know m8 how much£ ta 01302 770318 or txt only on 07788686500 jeffT:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Mitton, I will call you today with price then we can send it today and you will receive it next day unless you wanted to take a trip over here for some tips too.

Regards

Harrisons Trim Supplies

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
The general consensus regarding lining carpet is the stretchy mat from MVM. Which of the soft trim or vel trim is as easy to use as this stretchy stuff? Also are they both ribbed like corded carpet?

·
Registered
356 Posts
hi harrisons like to come over sataday morning need a few tips ,also like to see the burgany colour ,about 9 -930 am is this ok

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ipod Bob, The softrim is the ribbed lining carpet and the Veltrim is the smooth these are both used by numerous motorhome, coach and horse box builders. We also supply Easyliner Plus which is a four way stretch carpet this has been developed for the DIY build as it is more plyable.

Have a look at the write up on this description it explains why this carpet is used for the lining out of vehicles if you have any further questions please feel free to ask.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-X-MTR-V...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item76c1736b4e

Cheers

Harrisons Trim Supplies

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I'm looking for the smooth look fabric so would be looking at Veltrim. I'm interested in more info on the easyliner, i've tried a product search on the website but had no luck.

Regarding the veltrim, just how plyable is it? I don't mind taking a bit more time, i'm no professional, but i would like the very best finish possible. I know that the window corners/curves can be a nightmare to get right. It also has to wrap around the B pillars and the crossmember in the roof the the rear doors lock onto, or are hinged at. I also need to ensure it's not too thick as it needs to wrap over the panels with bulging them out too far when fixing the panels to the van walls and the sliding and rear door panels.

·
Registered
356 Posts
just like to put a good word in for john at harrisons trim supplies ,I went over to cleakeaton today to buy some carpet lining ,part of it burgany the other black ,very happy with product and couldnt wish to meet a more honest and nice man ,thanks john very happy ,you probley see me again soon for floor coveringT:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cheers for the comments mitton.

Ipod, website is just having a re vamp at the minute so not everything is on there. The best place to look is on our ebay shop there is information on our listings. If you would like any more information or we could send you out some samples of the different options then give us a call monday and we can help you out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10M-CAMPE...ervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item4aadb64a99

Cheers

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
samples would be ideal. I'll pm you my address and no. If you could send samples of black only or the closest thing to black i would be grateful.

·
Registered
356 Posts
hi folks and mainly john how do you get a tiny bit of spray glue off face of carpet ,not that to fussed but must be easy:confused: but all going well at moment,apart from the evening weather :(,saying that theres not many people out and about lining there cars at 9 pm:(:(:(:(stupid boyLOL:LOL:LOL:is it just me:*

·
Registered
355 Posts
Depends on how much overspray you have.

You could let it dry and pick it off if only a little.

Or you can use a solvent like nail polish remover (containing acetone)

TEST IT ON A SPARE BIT OF CARPET FIRST. T:

to make sure it works and wont dissolve the carpet :eek:

HTH

Brooster

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
I got the extra stretchy carpet from MVM and covered all my caravelle lower panels

1 - 20 of 25 Posts