VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought me van about 4 months ago or so.
The chap i bought it off said the dash clock had been changed at 155,000 miles by previous owner, but this clock registers 216,000.

Im not too bothered as I have serviced and changed a hell of a lot of engine and suspension bits and its running sweet?

Id just like to know if there is anyway of finding out, I dont suppose there is . . . is there?

·
Somebody stop me!
11,941 Posts
I think the history only goes back to when they switched over to computers
True, but if you have nothing else to go on its better than nowt. You could try having a VIN check done, that can sometimes bear some fruit apparently.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
pm Dazboi he works for a dealership and might be able to help if he has your vin and/or some nore details??

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought me van about 4 months ago or so.
The chap i bought it off said the dash clock had been changed at 155,000 miles by previous owner, but this clock registers 216,000.

Im not too bothered as I have serviced and changed a hell of a lot of engine and suspension bits and its running sweet?

Id just like to know if there is anyway of finding out, I dont suppose there is . . . is there?
Hi, I think VAGcom has a software function that can read the ECU and report the mileage and whether its been tampered with. Don't hold me to it but I'm sure I've seen this functionality whilst using it ....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts