1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
354 Posts
"While repeatedly referring to “hard data,’’ Jobs said only 0.55 percent of iPhone 4 users have called Apple’s customer service hotline about reception or antenna issues. “If you read all these articles out there, you would have thought, . . . at least half our customers must have called in to complain or ask questions or be angry, right?’’ he said.

Apple has sold 3 million of the devices. Jobs said that only 1.7 percent of iPhone 4s have been returned and that the iPhone 4 drops less than one call more per 100 than the iPhone 3GS does. “It’s very hard to escape the conclusion that there is a problem, but that — that problem is affecting a very small percentage of users,’’ he said."

So basically a small minority are having problems and the press are making it sound like all the iPhone 4 users hate their iPhones...

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I have personally tested this with one of our directors iPhone 4. The problem is real. When you bridge the black strip (either side) the signal drops from full to almost zero. If you were to place some clear tape along the two strips, then there would not be an issue. I think it's a serious problem.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Heard on BBC news last night that iPhone 4 customers are to get a free protective case to help with the signal problems. Not had any real problems with mine and it's definitely alot quicker than my old 3G, but does drop the odd call:(

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
Heard on BBC news last night that iPhone 4 customers are to get a free protective case to help with the signal problems. Not had any real problems with mine and it's definitely alot quicker than my old 3G, but does drop the odd call:(
do you wanna swap it for my 3gs then baz? I:

·
Registered
153 Posts
got the 4.0.1 update for 3gs, funny they have the same os for both 3g and 4??
the inly thing it says it addresses is the reception bars, and it takes 45mins to download!!!

my kids getting the boxes to wiggle and then deleting apps, WITH NO PASS WORD!!!!! is my issue at the mo....

·
13,223 Posts
Do I really need to answer that:D

And it seems you've just won my 1,000 post prizeT:
is it an iphone 4?????

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee mr barry.....ill look after it

(and what took you so long? call yourself a moderator, bloomin 1,000 posts, rubbish!)

·
13,223 Posts
you got a camera that can withstand your ugly mug? I:

i want one

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had an iphone for 2 weeks and couldnt wait to get rid of it. Its an amazing personal computer but as a phone it sucks. I could not rely on it as my main buisness comms tool. They should recall it. I'd advise anyone else who actually wants to use it as phone to wait until they have fixed the antenna issue. The only people I know that are happy to live with this phones down falls are the people that dont rely on it to make calls.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I had an iphone for 2 weeks and couldnt wait to get rid of it. Its an amazing personal computer but as a phone it sucks.
Surely this should read iphone 4, rather than painting the whole iphone as rubbish? The iPhone 3GS is a brilliant phone as would be the iPhone 4 if they hadn't been stupid enough to release it with such a problem. No, I'm not an Apple fanboy, will probably be changing to the HTC Desire next for no other reason than being a Google fanboy!!!

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Surely this should read iphone 4, rather than painting the whole iphone as rubbish? The iPhone 3GS is a brilliant phone as would be the iPhone 4 if they hadn't been stupid enough to release it with such a problem. No, I'm not an Apple fanboy, will probably be changing to the HTC Desire next for no other reason than being a Google fanboy!!!
You won't regret it!! (I've got one)
Had another play with the iphone 4 today. The director has been having problems with setting up email. After alot of head scratching, I found out that you have to turn off the wifi to properly set up email. Once it's setup, you can switch it back on again & it still works!
Maybe a glitch, or maybe by design, or maybe just that particular handset?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts