VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. has anyone fitted square floor carpet tiles? if so whats the best adhesive? ive got spray glue already but was thinking of using contact adhesive as i know its pretty strong stuff from experience. has anyone got some advise as to whether or not the spray can stuff is the same and strong enough for the job? i was going to put it straight onto a ply floor. does it need to be prepped before hand?

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Cut well, they don't need glueing. Maybe use a little double sided tape if you are concerned.
They lie flat really well and cause no issues at all. Just lay them straight to the plywood floor.
The beauty of them is they can be swapped if they get spoiled, or just removed to shake out sand and dust etc. Had mine in for four years now and they've been fine.
May well swap them for a different colour sometime soon and because they arent fixed it will be a doddle.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
carpet tiles should realy be tackified down , not permanent bond . spray adhesive will be fine , just a light mist will do . the thing with carpet tiles if they are loose laid after time they start to shuffle about and get damaged edges leaving small gaps between them .
hope this helps
kieran

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Guess I've been lucky, maybe because the area involved is relatively small, but honestly mine haven't moved !

I do think Kieran is right though and just tacked with adhesive will still mean removal for cleaning / replacement wont be an issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts