VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
I have Firefish and albino's too but they're still quite juvenile and haven't developed their colouring yet...the firefish should end up being deep blood red all over :cool:

Easier to look after than some people think too T:
Just a bit of careful selection...

I think i've said it before on another thread - it's not about keeping fish. It's about keeping water T:

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I got a few of those badis that I was on about.
Couldn't afford the rams for now.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Lol.

Yeah. They move about 1cm. Stop. Move about 1cm. Stop.
They are very funny to watch.
They stay in the caves a lot. But do swim all over the bottom or stick near the bog wood.
The male is slightly bluer. But will go really blue when the egg thing happens.
When he's on guard.

Blue shirt. Stay away from me for a few days!! LOL:

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I've got 4 of them. T:
There was another one in the top photo. But it moved.
They don't wander off that far from each other.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
I've got 12 neons in there.
2 corys.
And 3 bristle nose plecs.

Might put two of the plecs in the other tank when I've got rid of big Bertha. T:

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
We used to have quite a large tank containing a shoal of Neon Tetras, some Molly, Guppys & a rather groovy glass sucking Plecostomus.

All was well until someone bought me a couple of Gourami & a Pim Catfish....

Later additions included a smiley pink Axolotl who had the amazing ability to grow new limbs.

Moved onto a pond & river now containing only natives species :)

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
We used to have quite a large tank containing a shoal of Neon Tetras, some Molly, Guppys & a rather groovy glass sucking Plecostomus.

All was well until someone bought me a couple of Gourami & a Pim Catfish....

Later additions included a smiley pink Axolotl who had the amazing ability to grow new limbs.

Moved onto a pond & river now containing only natives species :)
Pond and river??

That's really Cool horse!!

What like tench and roach?
Or brown trout?

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Cool!! T:

I have a similar one of those for my daughters bedroom door. T:
Need to stick it on there soon.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Pond and river??

That's really Cool horse!!

What like tench and roach?
Or brown trout?
When I was young my parents ran a smallholding in rural Suffolk, at the bottom of the garden was a stream. Moving back to Suffolk isn't viable from a work or family point of view so I thought I'd try to add a bit of unspoilt wilderness into our garden here.

I dug out (by hand) a long dried up watercourse ( spotted on an ancient OS map) & added a largish pond at the end; actually the dig nearly killed me as I was into brick earth when I cleared the silt ~ I'm no orthodox tree hugger but this was a bit of an environmental experiment to try & keep things as natural as possible & use the pond as a natural water storage for the garden; all of the rain & clean surface water is piped or channelled into it ~ it's actually overflowing as I write this coz it's fi$$ing down.

There's about 15 metres of watercourse before the pond. The river is pumped all year via a huge variable Oase pump ~ I'm hoping to power the whole lot by solar panel this year as 1600 watts torrential full chat is a lot of juice, though winter tickover is a more sensible 90w. It's actually not really a river (though it sounds good) now as weed & soil creep has reduced it dramatically in width however all the fish seem to like swimming up & down it which is lovely to see.

It's been established for 5 years now & I nature is starting to predictably reclaim with silt & invasive weeds ~ looks like I'll be getting into my waders when the weather improves.

I originally stocked up with small fish I had caught locally including silvers (Roach, Rudd) some Tench, Gudgeon & a few small Carp. Unfortunately we were Heroned last year ~ the aggresive bugga took most of the silvers & spiked many of the other fish that were too big for him, I nearly caught him in the act & he swooped me a couple of times.

So now we're down to about a dozen natives ~ I've added a few visitors (grass carp) to try & control the weed growth, though they'll have to come out & be transferred to a local unfished lake as they are growing at an alarming rate.

In the summer I sometimes put on a wetsuit & get in the pond upto my neck & just sit there with the fish all around me ~ & people have the cheek to call you a nutjob mate :D

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Hahahahahahahahaha!! LOL:
I know.

That sounds totally awesome mate!! A:
Would love to do something like that. T:

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Looks boss that.
Saw it on that George whatsits small spaces.

If I had it. I'd have put more smaller fish in it.
It is a boss tank tho.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts