VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they really a must have?
In the used market would you seriously not consider a vehicle without electric windows and mirrors?
Is the basic wehicle worth less without?

Just more weight and another thing to go wrong?
A pain when setting your night time window ventilation gaps under your wind deflectors?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wouldnt bother me in the least

whilst its nice to have electric mirrors and windows, i dont really care either way - certainly not a deal breaker for me.

Are they really a must have?
In the used market would you seriously not consider a vehicle without electric windows and mirrors?
Is the basic wehicle worth less without?

Just more weight and another thing to go wrong?
A pain when setting your night time window ventilation gaps under your wind deflectors?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've lost all the tone in my upper arms since moving to a van with electric windowsI: as you say less to go wrong without and if the van is a good 'un then wouldn't bother me.

Dave

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
One of the first changes I did to my T5 but I wouldn't class it as essential. Just makes life easier if you need to wind the window down to speak to them on the passengers side.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Night time ventilation without any need to have the keys in your hand when in drink!

Prefer manual ones myself for that reason.

Jonny

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
One of the first changes I did to my T5 but I wouldn't class it as essential. Just makes life easier if you need to wind the window down to speak to them on the passengers side.
Same here, psg elecy window is useful but other than that i couldnt care. I have elec heated mirrors. Once your mirrors are set their set! When I defrost the windows I defrost the mirros so whats the point - why I spent £45 on a new heated mirror glass beats me.
This is the first motor i have had that has ha electric anything (windows etc). Central locking is the only thing i would miss

·
Registered
606 Posts
The retro fit kit is around £125 from memory (at least it was at Dubfreeze) so not the end of the world if you want to put them on after buying the van.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Imagine camping out on a lovely night and waking up in the early hours too hot. Then you have to - find your keys, lean over the front seats to the ignition, find the ignition hole while half asleep, turn it on then press the button to wind the window down then reverse the process.

In mine i just lean over and wind the handle, simples! Manual ones dont generally go wrong either!

Electric windows are for anything but camping IMHO otherwise they are a pain in the backside.

·
Registered
178 Posts
When pulling out of a junction with a bit of rain on the side windows it's very handy to wind them down to get a better view. It's a must have for me.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
When pulling out of a junction with a bit of rain on the side windows it's very handy to wind them down to get a better view. It's a must have for me.
Definatly handy for the near side one if you are using it every day T:T:

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
You'll find people with manual windows will wax lyrical about how they don't need leccy windows and will come up with 101 different reasons why manual windows are better than leccy windows, whereas the people with leccy windows will just keep quiet in the knowledge that leccy windows are sooo much better and secretly manual people would love leccy windowsI:

Now I'm not saying they are a must have, sure manual winders work fine, but if you go from manual to leccy then you'll understand exactly what I'm getting at!

I like leccy windows as I can control both sides from one panel, one touch up and down is handy and I can open windows easily to get extra visibility when requiredT:

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
You'll find people with manual windows will wax lyrical about how they don't need leccy windows and will come up with 101 different reasons why manual windows are better than leccy windows, whereas the people with leccy windows will just keep quiet in the knowledge that leccy windows are sooo much better and secretly manual people would love leccy windowsI:

Now I'm not saying they are a must have, sure manual winders work fine, but if you go from manual to leccy then you'll understand exactly what I'm getting at!

I like leccy windows as I can control both sides from one panel, one touch up and down is handy and I can open windows easily to get extra visibility when requiredT:
What about people that had electric windows but removed them and went back to manual winders?? Who would do such a thing i hear you say??

That would be me :D

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
What about people that had electric windows but removed them and went back to manual winders?? Who would do such a thing i hear you say??

That would be me :D
Did you remove factory fit genuine electric windows or an aftermarket kit? I've removed a few aftermarket retro fit kits before, they aren't as reliable as factory fit leccy windows.

If you removed perfect working genuine factory leccy windows can I ask why??

·
Registered
65 Posts
The 'one touch' up facility on its own is worth buying the van for. T:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts