VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'd expect that they're good seeing as cmc are supplying them. my mate has just spent £90 quid replacing his standard front shockers on his T4 so for the price i reckon you gotta give these a go. I'll be ordering mine soon!:)

·
Registered
961 Posts
When I lowered my van, i used some very similar - from germany with a TUV cert.

They have been on a for a year now and (touches wood) no issues yet....

You do get what you pay for tho ...... (im on a budget!!!)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bit the bullet and ordered a set to be fitted later this week so I'll keep you informed.

As the van already has CMC springs thought I'd give them a whirl for that money. I believe they are manufactured by a well known shock-absorber company but just not labelled the same.

Gotta be better than the shocks currently fitted!!

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
ive had em fitted for about a month, no issues ~600miles.
given CMC would get a bad name if they were selling shonky kit ill be surprised if they turn out a bad buy..

all shocks if badly fitted will knock on a T4, just make sure you fully compress all rubbers and tighten with wheels on the ground and all should be good.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
I use mike at CMC for most of my lowering work..

never seem to have any problems...

the shocks do work and i have no come back on them,but as with anything in life,you get what you pay for,these are classed in my opinion as a budget shock,but seem to be just as good as a standard shock..

Obviously paying more money you will get a better product,bilstein is by far the best shock on the market and you will notice a difference,but then you are paying for that....T:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Already have the -60m CMC springs so when I get the van back tonight will post what I think later. £80.00 a set of 4 (plus delivery)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry for delay in reporting back...been a bit of a tough time lately!!

Anyway...yup....all good and for the price a real improvement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts