VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
If your still planning on putting 10j rims on the rear then no not even close :ILU:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kieran, please stop stalking my threads. Everyone I post, you pop up and give some negative response. I could do without your opinion if you don't mind, unless of course it leans more to the positive side of things, or even has some humourous content.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
My personal opinion, based on experience of wide rims and lowering around 85mm
If your still planning on putting 10j rims on the rear then those springs will more than likely cause you some serious problems.

Don't know if it makes any difference if it's not Kieran saying it. But that's they way I see it too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
all he wanted to know is if they were the right springs to get slammed.... the wheels dont matter cos we are going to chop the arches apart to get the wheels to fit being that low. all the question he wanted answered was are they the right caviler springs.

·
11,653 Posts
I cant help always being here lads..

The way i see it if you dont want an opinion dont ask for one on a public forum LOL:

And yes for the record they will slam your van on its backside..

Enjoy :ILU:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I cant help always being here lads..

The way i see it if you dont want an opinion dont ask for one on a public forum LOL:

And yes for the record they will slam your van on its backside..

Enjoy :ILU:
he didnt ask for an opinion? he just asked if there the right springs.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
People just try to be helpful on here, from my experience - nothing worth getting bent out of shape over

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
he didnt ask for an opinion? he just asked if there the right springs.
I'm sure Kieran is very sorry for trying to help someone making a potential mistake :rolleyes:

I don't think it's the best way to get advice in the future though. I know I won't be bothering again :*

(by the way, if they are the right springs for the job or not is "an opinion" as the fact is, they are the right springs for a 30 year old cavalier. Wether they should be on a T4 or not is an opinion)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cant help but get a bit deflated/demoralised by people putting down my idea's. Whats wrong with having a go at something different. People are too quick to shout someone down rather than have admeration for them taking a risk. Play it safe and be a sheep like the rest of them, or go nuts and stand out. I know what I'd rather do! Each to their own.....

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I agree.

But how is shouting someone down for offering an opinion, and trying to point out possible difficulties in your wheel/spring combination any different ???

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree.

But how is shouting someone down for offering an opinion, and trying to point out possible difficulties in your wheel/spring combination any different ???
I think you're dilleberately missing the piont in order to fuel your side of the argument. This is petty and out of hand. All I wanted to accieve from my first comment was stopping kieren from stalking my threads and saboutaging them with negative comments.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I don't really have a "side of the argument" as you put it.
Just thought your response to Kieran was unessesary that's all.
Beyond that I couldn't give a monkeys.

But I do agree that they are not the best choice of spring for a 10j rim.
But each to their own, give it a go, anything will fit with enough effort.

·
11,653 Posts
I cant help but get a bit deflated/demoralised by people putting down my idea's. Whats wrong with having a go at something different. People are too quick to shout someone down rather than have admeration for them taking a risk. Play it safe and be a sheep like the rest of them, or go nuts and stand out. I know what I'd rather do! Each to their own.....
I wasnt putting down your idea, i was giving an honest opinion to your question based on my limited experience..

I would without question have admeration for someone who turned up out of the blue with 10j porche rims on a 120mm drop.. No doubt..

I dont really understand your beef with me personally but i can tell you now im threw trying to help you..

Now go work out how your gonna get them on and prove me wrong, i for one would love to see it :ILU:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
All the guys are trying to do, is answer your original question, and by the looks of it, it is not the first time you have tried!!!

Kieran and Neal Glover are NOT stalking your threads, they are just helpful guy's, who are on the forum a lot, trying to help people that post threads requesting help, as not to C**K UP AGAIN

The long and short of it is, it is a public forum, anybody can answer a question posted on here, so if you dont like it, dont post the question in the first place.

Rant over.....I:

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
Hey fella - from a purely objective viewpoint can I just say it how i've seen it?

Kieran spends a lot of time on this forum...probably more than is healthy but he's an experienced guy in the arena and does tend to know what he's talking about having owned and modified more than a few T4's.
Now it may be that you feel he's stalking your threads but I have to say that's not how it appears to me. You often find on here that the same old faces pop up time and again - it's not because they're stalking you...it's because they're trying to offer advice that they think will help.

Pretty much all advice offered here on this forum is offered as an opinion...but sometimes you have to appreciate that that opinion may be well formed and in your best interests to heed.

The vast majority of the forum would like to see someone stand up and be different as demonstrated with Lumox and his ratvan, Woodcraft and his steels and the many other different projects being undertaken by members but sometimes there comes advice that you need to take - it's honestly not being done to undermine you.

I think what you may be mistaking here is the good natured, banter style of post (usually containing just a little bit of sarcasm) that's actually being posted to assist you, with the type of point scoring belittling post that's just designed to make you look stupid.
This forum tends to comprise mostly of the former and i'll vouch personally that Kieran is one of those T:

Hope this helps :) :ILU:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts