VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have taken the van off the road to spend a bit of time underneither her and i had a spare set of wheels that i thought i would try on the van,

They are Rota gtrs and i am after some advise. I cannot find any specs on the weights of these alloys. Are these safe to run on a Van?

Cheers guys T:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

Happy to report the Garage has been cleaned since, Rasp:

i will try driftworks, i notice a few T5s with Rota wheels on, and im hoping as they are for jap cars and the drift scene use them they must be capable of some forces.

will keep you posted

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its a swb 2.5tdi 02 plate. 2 seats upfront and 2 seats in the middle and thats about it.

When used for camping we use an awning and use the van to transport across France etc will luggage in the back. does not get used for carrying heavy loads.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
VW handbook load ratings for wheels indicate a ..realistic.safe rating of 730-750kg ... VW standard wheels are well over 800 kg rated ....

·
Literally, white van man
4,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay so a previous owner had painted over my sticker yay, but after much nitro more and stanly action I have the following numbers

1-1510
2-1490

So I presume for the front I need wheels at least 800kg :(

·
Literally, white van man
4,068 Posts
:) 1510kg max axle weight that is 755kg (780kg VW mismatch advice) Wheel/tyre loading 100 T:

...the nearest above T: (to be 'legal' you only need 99 as that is the plate weight.)

Chris

·
Registered
331 Posts
They will be safe for what you say the vehicle is used for. If you think you are likely to exceed 1380kg on either axle they are not going to be upto the job. Load up the van and get down to your local weigh bridge to find out the definitive answer, and for peace of mind.
From your Description, I'd be suprised if you came anywhere near 2500kg fully loaded which will be well within the capabilities of these wheels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts