VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
i have a chance of getting a single arm rest which is currenty from the right hand side of the drivers seat..
2 questions really, as my seat is not a captains can i still fit it on to the seat? there are holes where the rest would go, i can feel them through the fabric of the seat.. ?
Also, as the arm rest is from the right can i easily put it on the left and swap the little black hole covers over?
hope this makes sense, only just does to me! I:

Any feedback greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
98 Posts
all seats have what feel like holes through the fabric. What you need to do is feel behind the seat, if there is a bar running across the back of the seat, roughly in line with the holes you can feel then you can fit an armrest. Its a tension bar that adds strength to the armrest to stop it flopping around when you lean on it

·
Registered
240 Posts
Any piece of metal bar. Roughly 3mm thick, 30mm wide. It's a wee while since I did it and I can't remember if the bolt holes were already there for the armrests or not. If not, drill a hole to take the bolt, and get your welder to weld a nut to the inside of the frame to make it a captive nut. You may also have to drill, and shape with a small file, a hole to take the lug above the bolt.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Any piece of metal bar. Roughly 3mm thick, 30mm wide. It's a wee while since I did it and I can't remember if the bolt holes were already there for the armrests or not. If not, drill a hole to take the bolt, and get your welder to weld a nut to the inside of the frame to make it a captive nut. You may also have to drill, and shape with a small file, a hole to take the lug above the bolt.
Ok, thank you for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts