VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't rightly know the difference between a type 4 and type 5 im a ford pop man but if this goes through as it stands no modified car bus whatever will be on the road even pre 60 stuff that wont need an mot after November you will be forced to get a test by your insurance company with this if its modified you will fail

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Had a better read, so basically they will be changing MOT to include new elements and if the car is modified it fails !!

To be honest this will take billions to implement but dosent mean it won't happen

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
really can't see how this can work - what about all these Scandinavian cars that don't come with winter tyres (e.g. brought in summer)... putting on winter/summer tyres is a modification.. what about after market stereos...seat covers?!? the list is endless and in my mind un-enforceable .... though i doubt that'll stop this from going through..... EU jobsworths

if this goes through i would imagine (in the uk at least) there will be all kinds of protests - M25 modfied vehicle traffic jam anyone?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
really can't see how this can work - what about all these Scandinavian cars that don't come with winter tyres (e.g. brought in summer)... putting on winter/summer tyres is a modification.. what about after market stereos...seat covers?!? the list is endless and in my mind un-enforceable .... though i doubt that'll stop this from going through..... EU jobsworths

if this goes through i would imagine (in the uk at least) there will be all kinds of protests - M25 modfied vehicle traffic jam anyone?

Even non genuine parts from the motor factors would be affected to I would think

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Just another straight banana scare story I:
thinking about it you're right - quick trip to the shop and i saw

wheel chair accessible taxi (car derived)
Double glazing van with outside side racking for windows.
community ambulance with roof vents and wheel chair lift.
network rail van with crew seats.
He (van type - air vents, blackened windows... for taking bodies to funeral directors.... I work next to a morgue lol)

All legit and all aftermarket – the only way this could be brought in would be for private cars...and even that wouldn’t work (e.g. mobility cars, limos etc..)

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
unless you can find Annex I, which states which aspects of info the manufacturer must publish to allow this testing their is no info in the proposal to get excited about.

Roadworthiness is not defined and can be set by member states ie DofT and they could argue that they support this piece of legislation and the annual MOT covers all aspects already..

storm in tea cup..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The meaning is that when you go for an mot in 12 months in your modified vehicle you will be refused a certificate as your vehicle is not type approved to gain type approval you will need to take an iva test and conform to its rules

ACE will be shortly opening a discussion forum on how to combat this B.S

Or you can stick your head in the sand until your vehicle is no longer legal to drive and worthless

·
Registered
8,736 Posts

Summer and winter tyres are already type approved as they are recommended by the manufacturer, and I doubt if there would be any protests, after all look what they have just done in London with the LEZ, besides that we are not very good at protesting in this country as we all very quickly (when the Daily Mail tells us to) turn on anyone who protests.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts