VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't T4 related but I know a lot of you have had Golf's in the past so I thought I would ask the question.

I have, or rather my wife has a Golf Mk3 which unfortunatly got broken into last week. :(

The B:*d who did it used a seemingly well known method as I have found these armor door plates which go round the door handles to stop this from happening again. Has anyone used them before? and if so are they worth it. :confused:

I guess it is cheaper than getting the doors repaired.

I tried searching on the internet but I just keep getting the same useless results.

Cheers,

Andrew

·
Registered
248 Posts
I used them on my Mk 3 Golf after having the same problem - I got lucky in that they only managed to break the door handle mechanism itself instead of getting into the car. Assuming that they are the same as the ones I got then they are solid pieces of kit, pretty easy to fit and are worth it if only to cover up the damage left behind.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers fella, they didn't manage to get in through the doors they smashed the rear quarter. I know I can't stop them from doing that but at least as you say it'll cover the damage they caused. And also it will hopefully put them off from doing it again or some other scumbag.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I have them fitted to my mk1 cabby as that had the same problem round the door handles, i know it won't stop someone getting in (they'd probably just slash the roof) but they did cover the damage and they blend in with the door handles nicely.

Only thing i would say is buy the genuine Armor items and not the cheap copies as they are normally :* and would probably bend easier than the door skins

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh right cool, I found some on ebay, but I'll check out the VW dealer too.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ideal cheers mate, just bought some. So hopefully that will sort the poor old Golf out. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts