VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls, I am new on the forum and would like to ask if anyone has had a problem with the ASR light coming on the console display.

My van T5 1.9d 55 plate started showing the ASR light after driving for 5 minutes and staying on until you turn the engine off. I have done a bit of fiddling with the ASR button on the dash but that seems to be fine. It doesnt seem to make a difference to driving but then I'm not trying to get it to skid round corners!!

I have heard it can be a faulty connection at the sensors at the front wheels but not sure where the sensors are as arent obvious when i have had a look.

Any advice gladly recieved.

Cheers Derek

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, I'll try and find it. Is it the same sensor as the ABS sensor or is there a different one? I'll just look hey and if broke I'll fix it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i think you might need VAGCOM or similar to read the stored fault code thats causing the light to come on. we had a similar problem that made the ABS light up . it turned out to be a dodgy sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I would let people know what finally happened with this fault. I found that my alternator packed up and had it tested on VAGCOM machine at local auto electricians they found 2-3 faults that they felt could have been caused by low voltage issues ie dodge alternator not producing enough charge causing systems to pop up faults.

I got the alternator changed and hey presto no warning lights since. Odd but true.

will just have to wait and see if the light comes back on but done around 800 miles without a problem so far.

Cheers for all your ideas and info though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thought I would let people know what finally happened with this fault. I found that my alternator packed up and had it tested on VAGCOM machine at local auto electricians they found 2-3 faults that they felt could have been caused by low voltage issues ie dodge alternator not producing enough charge causing systems to pop up faults.

I got the alternator changed and hey presto no warning lights since. Odd but true.

will just have to wait and see if the light comes back on but done around 800 miles without a problem so far.

Cheers for all your ideas and info though.
Thank you for sharing the answer you had Derek, got the same issue at the moment. regards Ade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts