VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Well I collect my wheels tomorrow I decided on 18s with 255/45/18 because wanted bit more comfort than the 20s I got on now plus tow caravan so didn't want to risk going for 275/40/20 as I think they would catch.
MMMM not sure ive done the right thing now, keep looking at photo's off 18s and they gona look small to what im used too.
May be should have gone for 20s with 255/35/20s
Your opinions please? Cheers:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just put 18's with 255/45 on this

Looks and seems to ride okay, but then again I have no previous experience of how different rims + tyres feel

·
Registered
523 Posts
18s are a good compromise IMO - how comfortable do you think the ride would be on 255/35 rubber bands?

FWIW I've run 235/50 18s for years and they look and run well, particularly if you don't want the mega slammed look (a small amount of lowering looks "right" with 18s, but going to 20's needs it to be dropped more to avoid the Tonka truck look IMO).

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks for reply's guys, collected wheels today and there on the van very pleased with them and they are virtual same size as my 20s with the tyre size difference so well chuffed.
Will get some piccy's up soon. thanks again.T:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi all,
Well I collect my wheels tomorrow I decided on 18s with 255/45/18 because wanted bit more comfort than the 20s I got on now plus tow caravan so didn't want to risk going for 275/40/20 as I think they would catch.
MMMM not sure ive done the right thing now, keep looking at photo's off 18s and they gona look small to what im used too.
May be should have gone for 20s with 255/35/20s
Your opinions please? Cheers:)
20s all the way for me Im afraid. Ive had them on both my vans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts