VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the van for a year exacly and been doing bits but recently had the paintwork done and the wheels so feel I can now put up some pics to be proud of

Dead happy now. Just scared of potholes, kerbs and pretty much most of the UK's A and B roads!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it's on the list! I read that they are ers to get off!?

I'm also gonna make my own side bars n get them powder coated black. I have an idea that will mean you can lift the side bar and still use the jack, needs a bit more planning once I've had a look a the attachement points.

Just stoked now the wheels are on and had to share!!!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
looking good buddy,like the ice bulids,good work,i might post piccies of mine if i can get it to look as good as yours.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't have a bus without a half decent system. I bought everything second hand and got 1000's worth for pennies. Just cus it's from 2003 doesn't mean it doesn't sound good! And it does sound good!!! 1000 watt rms heaven.

I built the dash pods myself and while it is a labour intensive excercise I'm pleased with my first attempt. Wrappin them in Alcantera was a challenge. After seeing how my paint man did my bumpers, I'm very tempted to get my front door cards painted!!

Probs go for a black and metalic fleck effect think it will look amazing, yet to decide for sure but it could be a winner and I'll bring my door speaker out and flush.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I had plans for a black and white theme inside and bought the Vibe Space 3d with 6" woofers. They're actually silver but didn't look it on the website I ordered them from.

They are 3 way components with 90 watts rms rating.

My first attempt at pods so started with something small. Mounted the woofer in the door with an mdf spacer, couldn't decide how I wanted to build a door pod, still thinking about that one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi and welcome.

They are bog standard headlights. I've now fitted chrome indicators and crystal side repeaters, looks alot better.

Bulbs have a blue coating so they put out a less yellow light and look quite cool when the lights are off giving the light mirror that blue look, small bonus T:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Silky,

Saccs, I lowered it 50mm but mabe wish I'd gone a bit lower.

saying that, I won't get any uneven wear on the tyres and at 110 a pop that's got to be a good thing. Ride is ok, sometimes have to swerve to dodge pot holes but very happy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts