VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,after a bit of an uphill struggle vw have finally had the offside barn door replaced due to the split /crack in the outer door skin.i first contacted my 'local'(an expensive ferry crossing to the mainland) VW van center a couple of months ago explaining that my door was split and was something that other T5 owners via the forum had noticed on their vans.i told them also that having worked in quality body shops since 1977,the last 9 of those years in a franchise bodyshop dealing with warranty paint issues and rectifying them,that merely welding the split in my opinion would not be a long lasting repair.
Anyway to cut a long story short and phone calls to VW customer service (who i have to admit were brilliant) VW contacted the van centre to remind them of the official VAG guideline on the problem in question which as i recall went something like this
.It is the opinion of the VW approved bodyshop manager who the VW van centre has passed the work to to determine in his opinion whether a welded split will be a long-lasting repair. IF HOWEVER, IN HIS OPINION THIS IS NOT THE CASE, HE CAN RECOMMEND THAT THE SPLIT DOOR BE REPLACED WITH A NEW DOOR as, if he elects to weld the door and the weld once again cracks then the bodyshop concerned and their warranty is liable for any further repair to that door,not vw

·
Registered
342 Posts
Where abouts is that on the door, struggling to make it out.

Will then get on and give mine a check over.

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi.its the offside barn door,about halfway up the left hand side.if you had a window put in the door the crack would be at the bottom left corner of the glass

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tell you what i'd do,ring lloyd at VW CUSTOMER SERVICE,on 0800 783 4909,he was brilliant with my claim

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
my last 5 had the same problem,you'll be surprised how many t5 are about with off side doors a differant colour sade

1 - 6 of 6 Posts