VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been sitting here green with envy for some time................

but now I have one :D

Finally bought my first T4, :D :D :D

An ex Wallace Arnold 2.5 TDI 88bhp LWB 02 plate, very high miles, but drives like new.

Now all I have to do is increase the power!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll keep my eyes peeled........

Photo's soon, promise. Hols first in Kernow, with the family.

Without the van hsy:

I need more power and a towbar, won't be long though H:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

As promised a couple of quick pics from the other night up on Exmoor.

Van still in minibus mode, no mods yet!!!!

And it is cream, not off white............. not sure which team to join, yellow or white or start a new one. Any other cream fans out there?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jim,

It's an even better colour in the 'flesh'. I will try to take some better photo's with the colour balanced properly..... soon T:

It's a factory paint job in Wallace Arnold's 'team' corporate colour. I guess they bought a few and had them done by VW.
All metal inside and out is in this colour.

I took the gamble and bought on ebay unseen:eek:
Had to go 'up north' to fetch it.
I have to say it paid off this time, its such a smooth drive.

I'm chuffed to say the least.

B

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Talk about a clean base to start with. You must be quite excited.T:

look forward to watching your progress on the mods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep - thats a smart looking vehicle. I'm a bit of a computer dummy - have photos of our van on holiday in France with tent etc - and will get something on here when I learn how. But it aint all that exciting -to look at - bog standard AA yellow still - Saab front seats and carpeted and soundproofed. But know what you mean about the way these machines drive - I'm old - and have had loads of vehicles over the years - starting with a Standard Ensign - at age 18 - thats how old! But I would rather drive the T4 than anything before. Torque or what?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Great feeling Brooster, eh? Congrats bud. That is one smart looking van you have there friend. Looks as clean as a whistle and a great starting point. Oh yeh, and being part of the Ex AA fraternity, I would like to propose that cream is more yellow than white...I: Keep us posted with progress pics... T:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welocme to the forum great base van just hope you can get rid of the smell of old peoples wee T:
Yep, get those rear seats ripped OUT soonest. You'll get rid of the smell AND get a few more mph without having to 'power up'!

LOL:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
So then Brooster your the cat with the cream LOL:

Nice looking van and I think it's deffo a great colour there are plenty of red's greens and blues but yours is gona be a rare one ,

I have got half a spray job done on mine ( googy green ) and I am already having second thoughts about it , seen to many in that colour . I new I should have gone for phoo brown LOL:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hadn't realised that this thread had come up again, until I did an advanced search looking for an old post.

I'm still Team Cream, toyed with having a respray........ too expensive, and it is an unusual colour so its going to stay!

Now got a discovery sun roof fitted, quite easy to fit.

Will spray up the black bits soon, and if it ever wears the tyres out, I'll lower it on new rims.

I have pic's on other threads, must pull them all together for some kind of build thread.

ps Cant get the showbus link to work?

cheers

Brooster

1 - 20 of 20 Posts