VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought a van from the Auctions?? There seems to be some good deals knocking around at the Auctions but i have never been before so a bit wary of them.

LWB or SWB?? I did want a SWB but having done alot of re-seach on here LWB look good with alot more room for the family, but worried the wife will hit something!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
lwb all day for me.. although i think its only 400mm more in length the advantages of not being as cramped up are worth it... the cons of a lwb are parking.. you need to learn how to drive like a bus driver..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers, I am after something with under 60k on the clock. Going to wait till winter as prices drop slightly then and i can drop it off to get it converted. The problem being i am tall, 6ft 2 and the family is following so a LWB it is going to have to be. The wife hits it, i hit her:D

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Cheers, I am after something with under 60k on the clock. Going to wait till winter as prices drop slightly then and i can drop it off to get it converted. The problem being i am tall, 6ft 2 and the family is following so a LWB it is going to have to be. The wife hits it, i hit her:D
There should be a "like" button for comments like this :D made me smile because we all know it's so true LOL:

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
We got ours from BCA. 2010 plate, blue, factory Kombi with only 39k on the clock. Had a couple of minor issues and engine management light on, but it's still on manufactures warranty so went for it. The engine light was due to a fault in a sensor. It's where most conversion company's get their vans so we went for it. Just add vat and auction fees T:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Hi, how much are the Auction fees and can you just turn up and bid, or do you have to register with them, as I have a BCA site near me and a budget of 9k within a month, but don't want a high miler!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
ex RAC T5s going at BCA Measham for around £ 6000 on 07 plates with average of 140-150k miles and full kit still inside, all plus the auction fee and VAT, no shortage of buyers either :* some very tatty on body and dash is messed around for radios,

·
Registered
77 Posts
I rang Gloucester recently, Manheim, spoke to a nice lady who said they had 09 or newer from£8500 + +, can't remember what she said the vat was, but they have loads going thru, and you can register online to see what they have before going along

·
Custom Vans
1,179 Posts
Hi, how much are the Auction fees and can you just turn up and bid, or do you have to register with them, as I have a BCA site near me and a budget of 9k within a month, but don't want a high miler!!
Some you have to register but most you can just turn up and bid, you have to pay a deposit once the gabble has gone down then settle up after. Buyers fees are on a sliding scale depending on vehicle price. It is worth registering with BCA it's free and you can look at the vans coming up but you need extra trade privileges to get guide prices.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been on a few Auction sites but its all a bit of a mine field to tell the truth, i think you have to be in the trade!!

I live In Germany so will have to wait till i come home to go to the Auctions:confused:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I see sky are using T5s now as well, so this will pop up in a auction soon. Should be low miles as well. The only killer is the VAT at a auction, it will add 2k on a 10k van. So worth looking private if you can find one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts