VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a set of 17" Audi alloys (8EO 601 025 AS) for my T4 888 van and I'm struggling to find out the load rating.

I've tried the Felgen site, but can't see any load rating information.
http://www.original-felgen.com/8e0601025as8z8.html

Does anyone know where else I could look to find the load rating.

They appear to have come off an A4.
According to Felgen...
A4 05-08 Audi A4/Avant
A4Q 05-08 Audi A4/S4/Avant qu.
AA4C 07-09 Audi A4/S4 Cabrio

I've started trying to find out the max axle rating of the heaviest A4 - but don't seem to be getting very far.

My max axle rating is 1360kg.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Finding OE wheel load rating information is a bit of a dark art ................ for obvious reasons.

Do you have an image of the front face?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just tried Genuine Audi parts who apparently have access to the Audi catalogue, but they couldn't find any information :(

The wheels look like this...

Thanks

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
I've just tried Genuine Audi parts who apparently have access to the Audi catalogue, but they couldn't find any information :(

The wheels look like this...

Thanks
No the parts system rarely tells you, I have it running at the moment and on the off chance had a look myself ;)

Now I know which model you have I will look further. The problem is there are so many wheels with the part number 8E0 601 025 .......... the suffix is the only thing that differentiates them. Just to confirm that is the EXACT num,ber that is cast into the wheel?

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Hi scruffytoo,

Yep I'm pretty sure that it reads 8EO 601 025 AS

Here's an image...

Yes you are spot on .................... I have been on all my usual Audi forums in Germany, opinion is split between 625Kg and 635Kg.

But I don't know where they got the info, although they did mention having gone to Audi direct ????????????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scruffytoo - thanks really appreciate your help. T:

I'll see if I can find a way to contact Audi direct but it seems they are going to be short of my 680kg limit :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts