VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just got a t4 and am looking to get some wheels. Does anyone know if audi 18inch split rims with an offset of et54 will fit with out any issues ? they have the 5 x112 stud pattern.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
yes they will be fine mate.. et 45 is whats normaly recomended but have seen et 54 fitted a few times my only gripe would be they dont fill out the arch.. but that could be sorted with some spacers... i run two set of audi wheels 17 x 7 1/2 et 45 and 17 x 8 1/2 et 48 both loads of room.. have a look at my pictures

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
They might be OK with no drop... Ideally something around ET40 is way better

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
I think you would need spacers and longer bolts for those or they would rub the inside arches. I'm running et45 with 235 45 profile tyres and the front wheels rub the inner arch on full lock.
you sure its the inner arch and not the brake disc sheild.. mine used to rub the brake disc shield so bent it out the way it quite common for them to catch on the sheild..

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
you sure its the inner arch and not the brake disc sheild.. mine used to rub the brake disc shield so bent it out the way it quite common for them to catch on the sheild..
Nope its just the inner wheel arch when on full lock, brakes are fine. I can see a little patch where the underseal has worn slightly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts