VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

I have a couple of issues with my T4;

It's heating up here in Australia and the aircon is on the blink. I tried regassing with my fridgey mate last summer but had no luck getting it working. When running you can here a hissing noise inside the cabin (not a gas leak). Does anyone know of any issues with the ventilation system? The reason i ask is that the outside vents seem to always blow hot air and the middle vents blow only slightly cold air. Maybe the hot/cold heater valve stuck open? Hmmm. too bloody hot to go and check :*

When driving out on the highway, the normally super awesome TDi suddenly and randomly loses power. All it takes to sort it out is switch the ignition of and back on and sorted. It can happen at anytime and this fixes it every time. Any ideas?

Anyway... Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've met a new girl and im takin her away New Years Day for her birthday in the normally Super Awesome T4 TDi. It going to be 39˚c

Happy New Year!

Mic

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
hi and welcome,the middle vents only blow cold air on all vans,unfortunately i dont have an answer for the air con :*, as for the power loss ? does the glow plug light come on when the power loss occurs ? if so then the fault will be stored in the ecu and can be read if you plug it in to a code reader T:

·
Registered
124 Posts
G'day mate!

Are you for real? It's blowin' a friggin hooley here, we haven't seen the sun for 3 days and you're asking us to help you sort your aircon problem? In the spirit of this forum I wish I had an answer for you but:

a) if I had an aircon unit it would have been thrown away ages ago to assist with the fuel consumption

b) my centrally located vents blow all the cold air I could ever need

c) I think you'd be better off calling the Foster's lager guys...'good call'

Hope you get it fixed soon though; I'd hate to think of you sweltering on the beach with all those bikini clad lovelies at new year while I'm shivering under me :* duvet!:)

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahaa you're a crackup Yachtmaster!

Don't you know no-one drinks Fosters in Aus. I'm happy with the 2WD60 (2 windows down at 60mph) aircon but you've gotta keep the ladies happy mate.
By the way... The beaches are overflowing with cute chicks in bikini's today! Particularly here in Adelaide

Cheers for your advice...

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
By the way... The beaches are overflowing with cute chicks in bikini's today! Particularly here in Adelaide
sounds like a 'moast' to me LOL: (a cross between a moan and a boast...)

anyhoo welcome in T:
the hissing could be vacuum hoses leaking air as the air direction flaps run off vac (-ve) pressure.

If the power returns by resetting (turning off and on again) then codes should be stored, get the ECU read by a dealer.

but as said, the centre vents will only blow 'ambient' temperature air.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts