VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've now tried every suggestion to stop my Austop Roof creaking and slowly driving me insane.
It still feels like its the rubber seal rubbing on the bodywork and I've applied loads of silicone grease but I'm also now noticing that the front corner can be lifted with little effort even when the roof tie-down straps are tight.
My biggest challenge is I'm in Jersey and the fitter Revampavan is an expensive boat ride away...

I'm really gutted as Its playing on my mind so much I don't want to drive the van and now with the lifting corner don't want to go at any speed or on the European motorways.

Any similar experiences and solutions would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

·
Administrator
5,486 Posts
Have you spoken to the fitter? And have you spoken to Austin direct? Send them a video of what it is doing and if confirmed it’s at fault then depending how long it’s been fitted for it should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Does it have a bed fitted?

Mine creaked for two years. On a whim the other week, I popped it up slightly, and stuck a bit of cardboard between the leading metal edge of the bed, and the carpet it rested on. Been silent ever since.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ive got an Austop fitted and no noise at all, been fitted 3yrs, I live close to where Austop are so went straight to them for the fitting, give them a ring as they say they have a 5yr warrenty,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts