VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a regeitered user on the old forum. I registered on the new one a couple of weeks ago as requested, but I can only post to some of the forum sections now with my login. The most important ones ofr me (engine & general technical) are marked as "Private".
Tried emailing admin but emails all bounce.
Anyone help with this please?
Cheers,
JB

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeh, I think it means you have to pay to get the access.

Otherwise you are restricted.

I am off to another VW site.
:(

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**Pay** for access to sections where we all help each other with technical problems, and share useful knowledge without even a thought of commercial gain?!!
B$%^&ks to that! I do hope that's not the case.

JB

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well that's a surprise - Have a look at the New VW T4 Forum Thread.
A subscription is now required.
Understandable in a way but also disappointing in a way.
Will that damage the Forum??? It is worth many of us paying but will it block out alot of casual users or new users??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hm that's a damn shame.
I'm in the same boat. Would have been nice if this was announced rather than the way it has been done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
PS What would have been wrong with registered members just having read only powers in the technical sections (no posting unless donated) ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The weird thing is I can post in the wheels/tyre and suspension sections of the technical forum but not in the engine/electrical and a few others.
I can't think of why the forum 'owners' would make this change.

JB

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scratch my last post. I've just read today's post in "Welcome" forum. IT does indeed say guests/registered members can post/view in these 2 technical sections as a 'sampler'. It's £10 per annum for the rest. Not bad value if you need an answer to a tech query though.

JB

·
Registered
331 Posts
This is my first post since being registered hope it works,can we pay by cheque as I don,t have paypal?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Folks,

Please read the threads in the top forum about "About The VWT4 Forum"

In order to cover the setup costs and be able to develop the VWT4 forum it has become necessary to introduce a subscription to raise some funds to do this.

The new forum was released early due to major problems accessing the old T4forum: so we are still developing the setup: so nothing is absolute and set in stone and theres still a few areas to be developed.

Hopefully the pm to admin is now working!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts