VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a really nice t4 caravelle 2.5 tdi right history, favourite colour however it has an auto box what is the worst case cost if I had to replace it. And what should I be looking for when I test drive it.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I have seen a really nice t4 caravelle 2.5 tdi right history, favourite colour however it has an auto box what is the worst case cost if I had to replace it. And what should I be looking for when I test drive it.

Thanks

David
I would ring a few of the major autobox repairers to see what they would charge for a full rebuild. I was just saying today that I would like an auto but if I was to buy one I would have to factor a rebuild cost in just in case the owner is selling due to a dodgy box.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply that's my big concern that the box Is on its way out, I will get some prices to day for a rebuild/replace.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Get prices for a 'manual' conversion too T:

When I made enquiries it was about £1200 with a reconditioned one too! x

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Thanks for the reply that's my big concern that the box Is on its way out, I will get some prices to day for a rebuild/replace.
Try Ivor Searle they are highly rated and if they do not do autos themselves ask them to recommend someone who does do autoboxes T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts