VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intermittent electrical fault on my vwT4 2.5tdi which is effecting my rear brake lights and electric windows. It's is now more faulty than ok, many blown fuses! Can anyone recommend an auto electrician in the West London area TW1 is my location. Ideally I would like to look over someones shoulder to better understand the fault finding as I have spent a few hours now looking for a suspect short on a cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not always, currently the brake lights never work (except when the flashing 'glow' lamp on the dash board stops flashing (very rarely)), when I change the fuse I can get the electric windows to work but then maybe an hour later or several weeks the 10A fuse will have blown again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what o/e means? I did check the brake switch based on a previous thread I've read on this site, all seems ok. I haven't checked the cable loom from the door back to the fuse panel. I don't think it is any stiffness in the electric windows as the fuse will blow without operating the windows. Even though both items are off the same fuse I cannot find the common fault. If I replace the fuse I can operate the windows (for a period until the fuse blows again) but brake lights still does not work and glow lamp on dash board continues to flash. Need to get it to an autoelectrician with some experience as I know how many hours I could end up paying for trying to find an intermittent (more permanent now than not) fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts