VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,

I have a 1999 Caravelle 2.8L VR6 Petrol (automatic). Unfortunately the auto gearbox has given up. I've tried changing the fluid (using the correct fluid) and the filters, but no joy.

After hours of reading posts on automatic gearbox issues, repairing the box and converting manual, I've decided to convert to manual.

It's a job that I don't have the experience or space to do myself. I've found a garage willing to do the work, if I supply the parts required (I assume this will be the case with most garages willing to carry out the conversion).

Unfortunately I have little idea of what parts will be required. Is anyone able to provide me with an extensive list of parts (that will work in my van) that will be required for the conversion? Ideally with part numbers of similar.

And/or is anyone able to suggest a donor vehicle that I would be able to harvest parts from that would work for my van.

Thanks in advance,
Leo

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
You need a pedal set and a gearbox. Some bits for the gearbox connection and the gear lever is also needed. I had looked into this a few years ago for my VR6 and I found a scrapyard which could supply all the bits with a low mileage box for about 600 euros in Norway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.