VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This might sound a stupid question but my newly bought 2007 T5 Caravelle Tdi has an automatic gearbox, and next to the 'Drive' it has a + and a - symbol, I think this is some form of overdrive, and it is engaged by pushing the gearlever to the side, can someone please advise me the correct way to use this feature ?
I have driven automatics, semi- auto's, DSG, etc before bunever came across this type, any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Kevin,
V99 VOL

·
Special Rapporteur
9,308 Posts
You really need to get yourself a copy of the owner's manual. There are 5 pages of instructions on the auto box in it.

It's a Tiptronic gearbox, and if you push the lever to the right it gives you full manual control over the gears (within preset rev limits to stop you doing anything daft and blowing up the engine) + to go up a gear, - to go down a gear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, have driven Tiptronic before, but didn't realise this was a similar system , I have been searching for a copy of an Owners Manual since I bought the T5 but unable to find one anywhere I have followed some links on this forum to no avail as most of them appear to be 'broken', and even the main dealers cannot obtain one !
Regards,
Kevin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts