VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any Autosleeper owners tell me if the Trophy can indeed have a towbar fitted to them and if so whats involved and where possibly we could get one from please.

The reason i ask incase anyone doesnt know the Trophy has a 2.5ft pod grafted onto the rear [if you imagine where the tailgate shut line is its grafted on there] anyway its fully made out of fibreglass and thus not suitable for fitting much too, apart from the fact it is the floor of the shower so probably not all that clever to drill through it to mount the bar any help, advice or guidance would be appriciated as AS's contact form has been down for weeks with no e-mail address available to directly contact them via also if any AS owners have a direct e-mail to Autosleeper i would be grateful of that also :ILU:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers now contacted the company in question they want images of the underside of my vehicle what with not having access to a ramp and being currently snowed in

So can anyone help with images of the underside of an Autosleeper Trophy it has to be the Trophy model though as its to acertain the distance/s from the original chassis to its new rear end so as to try to work out how to afix a draw/tow bar to it i know it's a very long shot but surely one owner must have these or indeed information of a towbar that does fit or where i can get one.......

I have faith in this community surely one member will have what i need ...... or access to where i can source such images maybe :*:confused:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi.
You could try [email protected] or call them on Tel: 01977 607155 or Fax/Tel: 01977 607157

My T4 rear end was modified in that the floor in the back was lowered to make a wheelchair ramp. Part of the bumper was also cut away. The made a towbar from me that boltes to the the van further forward than normal. It also has a detachable ball so that I can still use the ramp if I want to, The were very reasonable priced and have rated the bar at 2 tonnes. Price was about the same as a Whitter fitted with one power socket.
Regards

Tony

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rooster thanks for that buddy i am already in discussion with Armitages as we speak re above but i need to get underside images for them to assess what they need to do, at present this is impossible due to being snowed in under fast approaching 2ft of snow.......

The 2 tonne limit sounds good as it might aloow me to tow a small car behind us possibly a Aixim or a Smart type that has cheered me up immensely many thanks

If anyone has images of the underside of an Autosleeper Trophy could they please, please post them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts