VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am about to get a conversion done on my T5 and looking at adding the Avtex W164DRS TV/DVD - unfortunately, I can't find all of the info I would like on the Avtex website so, here goes...

Can anyone confirm what type of plug the unit has for power? ie 12v cigarette lighter style or 3-pin 240v style?

Also, I see it is switchable between 240v AC and 12v DC - does it switch automatically or do you switch it manually?

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
It comes with 2 leads. One with a cigarette lighter to Avtexs 4 pin DC plug and the other with a power adapter from mains to the the same DC plug so both options use the same socket back of the unit. (bottom socket shown below)

I never take the power pack with me because the leisure battery charger off the mains hook up will maintain the 12V supply anyway.

There are some pictures of the power supply and DC plug here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AvTex-TV-...SAWA-010500-4-Pin-type-adapters-/390382272207

Also, I didn't bother buying the DVD version as I've moved to Blu Rays now and I can put all my films on a USB stick and plug that in instead. I could even play movies from my phone if I wanted too through the free USB cable whcih your average phone comes with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts