VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just signed up to forum because we have just bought our first T5.
We are due to go away in the summer and would like to have an awning. The only problem is that we have roof bars on and would we be able to fit one without removing it? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Do you mean pull out awnings by fixed to your van or a drive away awning, both are possible, but can advise more with the info.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm sure someone had a picture up here of a c-channel rail mounted under the feet for the roof bars, where you cut a small section of the c-channel strip out to go around / under the feet. I can't find it though - you may have better luck than me through google. I was going to have a go at the same method - I'll need something for summer as I need them both on at the same time and would rather not fit the reimo rail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, thank you for the response. I will upload some photos for you to look at. I'm after a pull out awning like a Fiamma or something. Open to suggestions.

Okay then, can't get photos on here so have put them in Pictures, under Awning help.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
I've owned and fitted both the fiamma f45s and the omnistor 5102 on 2 separate vans now.
Firstly the omnistor is in another league to the fiamma, don't get me wrong the fiamma is a very good product but the omnistor is exceptionally well engineered. T:
here is a picture of the omnistor 5102 brackets for a vw t5 (I just happen to have them spare and haven't got round to e baying them)

Surely you could just mount your roof bars on top of the bracket and use some slightly longer bolts then mount the other side on a few washers with longer bolts again to make them sit level on the roof :*

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm sure someone had a picture up here of a c-channel rail mounted under the feet for the roof bars, where you cut a small section of the c-channel strip out to go around / under the feet. I can't find it though - you may have better luck than me through google. I was going to have a go at the same method - I'll need something for summer as I need them both on at the same time and would rather not fit the reimo rail.
Here you go http://camperessentials.co.uk/shop/vw-t5-bolt-on-awning-rail-for-roof-rack/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts