VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am going to mount an awning rail in the gutter/roof channel on my van - lwb T4 Caravelle. I have purchased the 2.8m channel to go with the lwb but I cannot find out what is the optimum alignment for it - front or back. Do I align the rear end of the channel close to the tailgate or do I align the front end close to the screen?

I would be grateful if someone can point out which is the best place T:

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Hi all. I am going to mount an awning rail in the gutter/roof channel on my van - lwb T4 Caravelle. I have purchased the 2.8m channel to go with the lwb but I cannot find out what is the optimum alignment for it - front or back. Do I align the rear end of the channel close to the tailgate or do I align the front end close to the screen?

I would be grateful if someone can point out which is the best place T:
u can, why not align the front with the front edge of the sliding door, or somewhere near to that. Mine is only SWB, and I had a Fiamma mounted on roof bars; probably never in the same place twice LOL:LOL:

I guess you really just need to experiment, and see what floats your boat; not sure how a 2.8m rail sits on your roof T:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u can, why not align the front with the front edge of the sliding door, or somewhere near to that. Mine is only SWB, and I had a Fiamma mounted on roof bars; probably never in the same place twice LOL:LOL:

I guess you really just need to experiment, and see what floats your boat; not sure how a 2.8m rail sits on your roof T:
Thanks for that. It is actually a little shorter than I imagined. The trouble is that my awning is new and never put up, and I can't experiment as I am going to glue it down. Unless someone can advise me otherwise I think I will orientate it towards the back of the van as that seem to be more logical - but I could be wrong lol!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No.

And to answer the main question ... I would fit to the rear to keep the cab door clear of the awning.
Thanks for both of those comments. Rear orientated was my logical guess. We are off to Beach Dubbin in Portsmouth tomorrow so planned on checking out what others had done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts