VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at gettin awning rail for my van but I don't really want to pay £45 for the one from lightningleisureI: so where have you all got urs from and what sort of price have you payed for it

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got one from funky leisure. Not fitted it yet because it looks very flimsy and i cant see how the awning will stay attached in a wind. I would also be interested in others experience.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi. My solution was to get a pair of roof bars and a length of aluminium 2 X 4 inch angle. I riveted the awning rail to this and hung it from the bars in the passenger side. I can still get into car parks and I have a 3mtr Fiamma rollout awning. I have also just added a second awning rail so I can carry my Fiamma but use a standalone if I want to. It gives me the option to use either.
I just posted some pics in 'Pictures' under 'Rooster' Sweet pea.
Tony

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Just got one from funky leisure. Not fitted it yet because it looks very flimsy and i cant see how the awning will stay attached in a wind. I would also be interested in others experience.
The ones from funky leisure are rubbish ,throw it away and start again nothing attaches correctly and if you do manage to get something like the c rails to attach to it the slightest bit of wind the awning comes off and has every chance of scratching your van ,very expensive for what they are .(only my opinion) I had a set up on my last van that worked a treat I will be getting this sorted on my new one next week and will post detail pics ,off memory this only cost me about £25 hope this helps T:

·
Registered
397 Posts
You can also get awning channel with screw holes on the outside. Can't remember what it is called but I got it of ebay from caravansuff4u (126373) They called it Straight Awning Rail
3.6m in 3 sections for £25.00

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
This is what I have just fixed to my van ,I have not used any type of adhesive I just used the original washers and fixings as you can hopefully see in the pics . Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I will of course be painting this at a later date to match the van but this is just my choice as you cant see it as it is in the gutter.

·
Registered
57 Posts
We have just bought the one from ebay £45 the complete kit, really good quality , has only been on a few days but does not budge with the adhiesive they sent, just need to try canopy on it now
Sandie

·
Registered
879 Posts
i gotta be honest i tried the awning rail route and the over the van straps jobby, didnt like either oh them so i made this for my kyham

a few bits of tubing and straps from my old cravan awning and a nice and easy job, just drive by the side, then when your off for the day jsut zip up the awning and jobs a good un..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts