VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm having B14's fit tomorrow to my T28. The mechanic is going to ask how high/low I want them.

What should I say? 1/2 way down?

Premium Member
Surely this would be personal preference, and depend on what the roads are like that you drive on. Riddled with pot holes, lots of speed bumps, do you have to access anywhere with a steep incline like a drive at home or work. Basically anywhere you think you might scrape if you go too low.

Reactions: miloslo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Cambridgeshire. I suppose that means I can go to lowest setting. 馃槀 No hills.

Maybe a safe bet for a noob is 1/2 way down.

Premium Member
Looks like you have a full camper set up so likely to be venturing onto campsites etc so yeah probably not too low first time, and just see how you get on.

I'd love a set of B14's but blimey they demand a premium.

Make sure get some before and after pics (y)

Reactions: miloslo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks yes I will. I'm getting lower profile tyres too. Hope it's a good choice.

I'll take before /after.

Registered
I went half way down on my coilovers because of campsites and towing my caravan. I'd like it lower for looks but not for the Devon Lanes I went through on the weekend :)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went half way down on my coilovers because of campsites and towing my caravan. I'd like it lower for looks but not for the Devon Lanes I went through on the weekend :)
That's the kind of thing I wanted to hear. I'll go 1/2. Thanks all.

Registered
Just off the stops, still very usable for campsites with no issues.
20210524_122558.jpg

On skinny factory steelies , if i went for wider tyres then i way have to tweak it slightly to maintain arch clearance

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dropped the van off this morning. The mechanic came out.. didn't acknowledge me at all. "Is this the Transporter then?"

Stood there clearly not wanting the work. I felt like a problem to him. He insisted the nylon transportation nut should be used for fitting when I told him it shouldn't.

I should have driven it home. :( I hope he does a good job.

Registered
Are taking bets on them not being fitted correctly? Its not rocket science.

And as B&T says, even dropped all the way on B14s, you're still fine for accessing 99% of places as you're still higher up than 99% of normal cars. I'm on 19s and my tyres are inside the arches for my day to day drive height - can't remember having a problem accessing camp sites like that, its just the odd speed bump that causes a problem (oh, and some cats eyes on the Whitby > Scarborough road the other week :whistle: )

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are taking bets on them not being fitted correctly? Its not rocket science.

And as B&T says, even dropped all the way on B14s, you're still fine for accessing 99% of places as you're still higher up than 99% of normal cars. I'm on 19s and my tyres are inside the arches for my day to day drive height - can't remember having a problem accessing camp sites like that, its just the odd speed bump that causes a problem (oh, and some cats eyes on the Whitby > Scarborough road the other week :whistle: )
I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks for the height reassurance. I asked them to go 1cm from max.

Premium Member
A number of members on here had low
Just off the stops, still very usable for campsites with no issues.
View attachment 193398
On skinny factory steelies , if i went for wider tyres then i way have to tweak it slightly to maintain arch clearance
On a side note, is that a decal of a dog farting on the side of your camper? 馃槀

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gee thanks guys. I was a bit nervous about doing it but not looking back. The mechanic even turned out to be a nice chap.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts