VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered but I am unable to fine relevant info/answer.

I'm planning on having some B14's fitted to my 5.1 (T32 Kombi) would /should or do I have to consider the load weight. The van is used a my work van, fitted out with dewalt tough system boxes.. Etc has been known to carry many sheets of ply, tow Iforwilliams trailer etc

Do I need to know what weight is carried on average for fitting the B14's or does this not make any difference?

Thanks.

T5 Novice.

(Hope that makes sense?)

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
As GixxerMick has said they do a set for the T32, they are rated at the max axle rate a T32 should be run at but with any van you could still overload it if you are not carefull

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a specific kit for the T32 T:

Thanks.

More a question of weight carriage during set up of the B14's. If, let's say I want to lower the van down XXmm (level) then should this be done with the additional weight that's carried. If it is set up while the van is empty but on average I carry XXX kg more then will in no sit lower than intended.

I'm struggling to explain this, sorry..
But thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
makes sense to set up with how you intend to use it the majority of the time. if I take the seats out of our caravelle it raises up noticeably but sits perfect with seats and all in. set up with toolboxes and some weight and it will be sweet.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
makes sense to set up with how you intend to use it the majority of the time. if I take the seats out of our caravelle it raises up noticeably but sits perfect with seats and all in. set up with toolboxes and some weight and it will be sweet.
Stimps - thank you for the advise.. Will take the van to a drive on scales.. Want to see how much extra I am accually carrying.. Currently building kitchen etc.. So will need to compare in order to get the set set up without constant adjustments..

Thanks again to all and the awesome forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts