VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have read lots of feeds about sleeping a baby safely in a t5 and a lot of people are struggling to get travel cots ect to fit. I have a solution that I tried and tested today. And thank god it works and we can now go camping with our 16 month old boy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Keen to know what make and where it was purchased from? We have just had our converted van back which is fitted with a RIB bed and need some advice on what to purchase.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest I can't remember what make it is. I'm at work and will check when I get home. But basically I brought a cheap second hand one to trial it put on as didn't want to ruin a new one. And it worked fine. It should work on any of them framed fold up ones that go in the bag. The maximum dimension I could fit in our van with the rib bed down was 650mm x 1000mm and I couldn't find any on the market anywhere. So the one I had was 650mm x 1200mm i had to make it shorter than that so basically drilliled out the rivets marking the lines of the rivet first on the pole. Marked equal places for each new hole I drilled and fixed back together with nuts and bolts from toolstation. Think they cost around £5 with 10 5mm drill bits. Advice tho do one section at a time as you will forget where everything goes back together. While my cot wasn't untouched I marked from each rivet 130mm in them drilled the holes. Then drilled the rivets out and cut the poles. You have to do it equal each side otherwise the bed will not fold up like it is supposed to. Sorry babbling there a little if you need more detailed advice I will try to put it better later lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts