VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I posted a month ago asking for help pricing my husbands T5. As a result of your advice it's now had its MOT and a valet clean and Ive got a few photos. We bought it in 2012 from an electrician who had 11k miles on it - now its got 52.5K so extremely low milage. Basically my husband became ill and can no longer drive but we kept it to ferry University kids back and forth - bikes etc. But now its sitting SORN and much as I cannot imagine 'not having a van' its just wasted and depreciating doing nothing. So how to sell? 2009 panel T5 1.9 engine. TDi 52,000 miles. 2 owners. Well looked after. New MOT. Good condition for the age. Would probably be brilliant for a conversion. Anyway I've been looking at prices and they vary tremendously and I can't make out if people are just 'having a laugh' with their wild estimates. I would really appreciate any direction in how to sell and what should I be asking.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Looks a nice honest van , i'm sure it'll get snapped up .
As to prices theyre stupid at the minute because of increased demand and like you say vary massively.
If i had to hazard a guess ...somewhere around 9k maybe ?
What do the rest of you guys think ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would advertise on Gumtree, ads are free and no commission to pay. Beware of anyone who rings up and starts off by asking what is the lowest you will take. I sold a couple of campers and anyone who did that was invariably a pain in the a**e and out to chisel you.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Doesnt matter what you originally paid for it , its not relevant to todays market.
Theres a white 59 plate almost identical to yours but with double the mileage on at 8.5k . Whether it actually sells at that ...who knows 🤷‍♂️.
'Watch' a few on ebay and see what they fetch .

·
Registered
323 Posts
Also be very carefull of anybody wanting a test drive. Have another person with you, preferably a male, family or good friend for any viewers. Stick to your price and do not be intimidated by anyone, they are out there, but so are genuine honest people.
Good luck

·
Registered
216 Posts
First, it wont be depreciating much! - if you take a couple of months to sell it. So unless you really need to shift for space reasons or £££, I suggest ask at the high end of prices you see for similar T5s (£11,000 ish?), emphasize the low mileage, 2 owners, private not commercial, & dont be bargained down by more than a few hundred quid. Also, good advice here about having someone with you when it's being viewed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.