VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back from holiday this afternoon,after having a cracking time down on the coast after beaulie

got back to find back door broken into and 2.5k of bikes stolen from the shed..

gutted to say the least...bike took me years to build..top of the range stuff...hope everything and brakes you cant even buy anymore..

i am gutted beyond belief..:(

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Re: back from holiday..bikes tolen,house broken into...

Ahhh s*it man, so sorry to hear that. Not a nice thing to happen at anytime but seems harder to take when just back from a nice hols. Gutted for ya :(

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

Oh s h I t si,get some pics up mate so can keep eye out over the water.

It must be local to know you were out,or was it at your lockup?

·
Registered
135 Posts

Bad news buddy! Hope the plod find something to find the b#%$¥*ds who did it!

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts

Scumbags dude, get pics up, i have a bro in wilts works in the bike trade, will get him and his mates to keep a lookout if you send/post details:(

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

had the police round and forensics..found some foot prints...

if they come back they will find a dead body..Rasp:

bike was something i had built over a few years..

a spec s works full sus frame with fox 5 rear shock
pike front u turn forks with thru axle
xt crank etc hollowtech
e thirteen basher,with single chain ring
shimano gear change xt
all hope headset,bottom bracket,quick relaese
white easten bar with odi grips (imported)
thomson seat post
hope 4 pot old design brakes with oversize discs'you cant buy these anymore,amazing brakes
one off saddle
mavic wheels with hope hubs
swampthing tyres fitted at the mo..

my wifes hardtail was also pinched,prob 800 quids worth of bike with various upgrades etc

to say i am gutted is not even close..no way in this world i can afford to replace this bike,ins will not even come close

·
Registered
3,369 Posts

truly gutted for ya, Si - bloody scumbags. I hope they get whats coming to em and the insurance sees you right.

·
Registered
223 Posts

If you haven't got insurance high enough to cover the whole bike then don't claim for a whole bike. I used to work in a bike shop and we would do quotes for sets of parts separately, if it wasn't assembled then it was a pair of wheels, a pair of forks and a frame built up with the other bits etc. with nothing over the limit for one item you have on your policy I:

Get some photos of the bike up too as it may be spotted!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

ah for f's sake! sounds like a sweet bike mate. Does my nut in hearing stuff like this.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

Came back from a lovely holiday and found the brand new Stihl 261 chainsaw had gone.

The old chain saw gave out just before we went so I dented a credit card big style for the 600 quid to get a full on monster saw.

We process about 10 cord a year to cover our heating and hot water. So yer clockwork meccano saw is not going to cut it.

The saw was brand new and stached in the depths of my wood store - you would need to know where it was to find it.

I am well bucked off as we simply don't have the dosh to replace the saw, the insurance will not cover it as it wasn't locked away.

I live in rural West Wales and nothing has ever been nicked from here - ever.

Did I mention I foster and we have had some seriously delinquent young people here but none of them has ever nicked from us. We have had some full on crims here, police down the drive wondering why our house was the centre of a ring of TWOCED burnt out cars, he never stole as much as a quid off us, when he left he used a hookey credit card to order us a state of the art computer, I had to send it back but the thought counted!

We are well short on cut firewood and we really need a mountain of wood cut in the next few weeks.

Even a hint of who did this and it's going to turn ugly.

Rhys

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

If you got pics will help si,I'm not into bikes so won't have clue what your on about T:

·
Registered
5,955 Posts

totally gutted for you si,hope they catch the scum.:ILU:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts

Only just seen this mate, gutted for you :(

sound advice from Emmett I:

as said mate, get some pics up on her, pinbike etc etc....lots of the MTB fraternity on here T:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

:(

if yer need help disposing of aforementioned body, shout up chief... $cum of the earth

if there is owt i can do...will keep an eye out on bay and the bike forums

gutted for ya ...

:ILU:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

Really bad news bud , good luck with it.

·
Banned
10,255 Posts

Feel for you bud, not good at all when stuff like this happens especially when they've been in your house.

A sad thought but someone obviously knew you were away and what bike you had..

Keep safe :)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts

had the police round and forensics..found some foot prints...

if they come back they will find a dead body..Rasp:

bike was something i had built over a few years..

a spec s works full sus frame with fox 5 rear shock
pike front u turn forks with thru axle
xt crank etc hollowtech
e thirteen basher,with single chain ring
shimano gear change xt
all hope headset,bottom bracket,quick relaese
white easten bar with odi grips (imported)
thomson seat post
hope 4 pot old design brakes with oversize discs'you cant buy these anymore,amazing brakes
one off saddle
mavic wheels with hope hubs
swampthing tyres fitted at the mo..

my wifes hardtail was also pinched,prob 800 quids worth of bike with various upgrades etc

to say i am gutted is not even close..no way in this world i can afford to replace this bike,ins will not even come close
Foot prints are just as good as finger prints buddy. they can use specific details from whats left to actually determine the robber. More so if its a lowlife that the plod are familiar with.

fingers crossed they find them buddy. Keep an eye on ebay and also take a look around the local cash converters. They are industrious little buggers when they brake in but they are too stupid when it comes to flogging the goods.
It's a gut-renching feeling buddy and I'm sorry to hear you've come back to bad news. hey, at least its not the lock up?!! Hope you've been round to check it and you still have possession of the keys.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts