VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - new member with a shameful confession! My T4 Caravelle V6 has been sitting on my drive for the last 3 years wanting to be loved. Other than being a bit thirsty, she had done nothing wrong. I walked past her every day and often thought ‘I should sell that car’. What was I thinking! Thankfully, I had to clear my drive for a skip delivery and then it came to me like a slap around the face - I love that car. Now we’re working things through and after a quick visit to local garage she back on the road. Still a few things to tidy up and until that’s done I’m too ashamed to post any photos. Hope you can forgive me 😞

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Woohoo! Good for you. You'll not regret it, to think you could have sold it for pennies and bought a boring Renualt/Vauxhall/Fiat and spents hundreds only to find it's not worth what you paid for it.
A T4 is an investment, a love and a passion that the rewards outweigh the occasional inconveniences of a moden vehicle.
I've been tempted by the dark side now and then but I've pulled through and committed myself to my bus.
Do I want to drive a box, no.
Do I conform to 'regulararity' no
Do i like a small percentage of the population to acknowledge the fact I'm driving a 17 year old vehicle,yes
Etc etc etc 😎

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi all - new member with a shameful confession! My T4 Caravelle V6 has been sitting on my drive for the last 3 years wanting to be loved. Other than being a bit thirsty, she had done nothing wrong. I walked past her every day and often thought ‘I should sell that car’. What was I thinking! Thankfully, I had to clear my drive for a skip delivery and then it came to me like a slap around the face - I love that car. Now we’re working things through and after a quick visit to local garage she back on the road. Still a few things to tidy up and until that’s done I’m too ashamed to post any photos. Hope you can forgive me 😞
I was thinking about what you said last night about the van being thirsty. Have you thought about an LPG conversion?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woohoo! Good for you. You'll not regret it, to think you could have sold it for pennies and bought a boring Renualt/Vauxhall/Fiat and spents hundreds only to find it's not worth what you paid for it.
A T4 is an investment, a love and a passion that the rewards outweigh the occasional inconveniences of a moden vehicle.
I've been tempted by the dark side now and then but I've pulled through and committed myself to my bus.
Do I want to drive a box, no.
Do I conform to 'regulararity' no
Do i like a small percentage of the population to acknowledge the fact I'm driving a 17 year old vehicle,yes
Etc etc etc 😎
Wise words Pickledog 👍

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about what you said last night about the van being thirsty. Have you thought about an LPG conversion?
Hey Louifresh - never really looked into it seriously. Did briefly think about it when the bus was our daily transport and the local council were digging up every road in the area (traffic nightmare and only getting about 10 mpg on daily commute to work). Not so much of a problem now and need to get some other stuff sorted first. I’m also thinking it would be nice to keep her as close to original build as I can. But thanks for the suggestion 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts