VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sold my T4 camper back in January and of course, was full of regrets.
Running around ina sensible car has been boring so bought this today!
Plenty of jobs to during these lockdown times!
Job 1 - give her a much needed bath, been sat in a filthy builders yard poor thing.
Cheers

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,491 Posts
Hi, sold my T4 camper back in January and of course, was full of regrets. .......... been sat in a filthy builders yard poor thing.
That must of been awful for you Si ! :cry:
Anyhow! ............. glad you're back behind the wheel of a lovely T4 ;)(y)
Looks like the 'poor little thing' has finally found a nice home.

TURK

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments all!
Photo is a tad flattering, needs a few bits tidying up.
Want to refresh inside, maybe a new bed, quite dear though!
Got a service kit ordered, need rear shocks.
Am half way through installing half leather mini seats too, plenty to keep me busy!
Stay safe all

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, yes the mini seats are very supportive too, and cheap!

The runners line up perfect side to side, 15.5” side I think it was, got the fronts holes lined up perfect then the rears need drilling, nothing major, no fabrication needed. I have cut down the passenger side runner a tad to clear my door pocket for the swivel base.

The only other thing I am going to do is cut off the spacers on the underside of the mini rails to get them a tad lower as car seats always sit high in these vans, I’m 6ft so need a bit of space between the seat and the steering whee, to get in 🤣

Good lockdown fun
👍🏻

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Few bits of rust to treat and prevent future issues, tidy up engine bay, slam panel is a mess and sort the Caravelle trimming out, some is different colours and some doesn’t fit well, started today but got fed up as it’s not my favourite area, interiors! Oh yeah and a new bed!

How about yours? What you up to, anything on the go?
Simon

·
Registered
140 Posts
Got plenty on the go fella, just awaiting the delivery of my cupboards to arrive and the purchase of new tyres so the wheels can finally go on

I've got a thread going

1 - 12 of 12 Posts