VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
very nice van mate.can i ask where did you get the bumper protector? how much was it? and what did you use to attach it?
it came transporters r us through ebay ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131405275...&ghostText=&_sacat=0&_nkw=131405275929&_rdc=1 and it already has double sided tape in for fixing...I cleaned the area with panel wipe made sure the surface was clean then stuck it down, I like it as its ribbed where as the genuine one I had on my shuttle wasn't and that one kept going grey .

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hi all

A weeny mod this morning although my original side repeaters are clear the bulb holder is orange so it sort of defeats the object for me so I have gone all clear .

If anyone wants the originals inc bulbs (free) can have them, first come first served .

Steve

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
So after taking delivery of my new van I started to gather some decent cleaning equipment but due to moving into a new build with no drive way or outside tap I decided to to book the car in for a new car detail session.

A bit of research on detailing world I called Daryl @ offset detailing http://offsetdetailing.com/#!/home-car-detailing/

A week later I dropped it off for Daryl to work his magic on the paintwork , although a week old it had picked up swirls in the paintwork and a few deeper scratches he had the van for a day and a half the results are amazing !

I will let the pics do the talking ....click the link to see .

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=4846128&posted=1#post4846128

Steve

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
He's done a good job, mines the same colour and the van centre made a right mess of it before I took delivery of it.... Worse now though!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
So...today I was bored at work and thought I would get the karcher out and try some snow foam .

It did a job but I think I need to tweek the mix and lance adjustments a bit , anyway I washed and dried the tailgate and thought I would put a layer of Auto glym HD wax on the wax was recommended on detailing world forum .

All I can say is WOW!! .. I have had some shiny cars in the past but the shine achieved on the tailgate in unreal!

Here is a reflection pic..even the clio looks shiny and its horrid..lol

Weather permitting I will rewash the van tomorrow and get a layer all over ...pics to follow.

Steve

·
Registered
476 Posts
I didn't scroll down far enough and wondered why you had put a pic of a clio up, took me a while to work it out. That is insane:eek:
I had a look at ag wax earlier as Halfords have a 3 for 2 on, that picture has now justified the £44 price tag to meT:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So...log book arrived as did the Caravelle/spiortline grill ...so first job this morning was to fit was to fit the plates thegrill and the chrome trim for the lower grill .....no more bling planned apart from the bit of chrome that comes with the bumper DRL`s .

Steve

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
After fitting a few bits this morning..i decided to give it a clean .

First off I jet washed the whole van and got as mush off as I could , then played about with the snow foam lance and managed to get a good foam using a direct hoses lance and auto smart Ultra Mousse, I let that dwell for nearly 10 minutes then jetted it off .

I then used the 2 bucket method and washed the van using Auto glym shampoo .

here are some pics

After rinsing I dried the van with autosmart waffle type drying towels and a few mists of Autosmart Tango it helps drying and leave a just polished finish .

If I can muster up the energy I will wax using Auto glym HD wax

41 - 60 of 91 Posts