VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great family show that welcomes ALL VW's whether they be Air or Water, Front or Back, Camper or Car. This show is about relaxing, having fun, see some great vehicles and enjoying ourselves.

10 minutes from Jct 12 of the M40 or 20 from M1/M6 & M69 this is really easy to get to some come along for our 4th show.

This year - new larger venue & 2 entertainment tents , acoustic music throughout the day & disco's at night.

Also during the day stalls, kids entertainment, Show & Shine and a new event - 'Pit Stop Challenge' - a NASCAR style pit stop against the clock using our own beetle challenge car. Three Events: Individual challenge, Team challenge and Ladies only challenge -Come along and try and 'crew like a pro'

Early bird advanced full ticket has been extended due to weather. Ticket includes camping on Friday and Saturday nights £15.00 and entry to show throughout weekend.(available until Sunday 9th September - so please hurry).
After that its £20 for adults, Kids are free and all dogs welcome.

More info at www.vwshow.co.uk or https://www.facebook.com/pages/Back-2-Basics-VW-Show/223970761024645

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just got back n have to say I feel a lil disappointed. Fields was very lumpy/bumpy with grass up to my knees (before it got flattened by other vehicles/people. Didn't see any "free" kids activities (face painting, pony rides etc), as advertised on the web page, the "proper plumbed in toilets" was porta cabins, neither did I see any showers (not even from the weather luckily enough) and a few traders, mostly selling nothing of interest to me. Doubt very much I'll go again.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just got back n have to say I feel a lil disappointed. Fields was very lumpy/bumpy with grass up to my knees (before it got flattened by other vehicles/people. Didn't see any "free" kids activities (face painting, pony rides etc), as advertised on the web page, the "proper plumbed in toilets" was porta cabins, neither did I see any showers (not even from the weather luckily enough) and a few traders, mostly selling nothing of interest to me. Doubt very much I'll go again.
Hi Ritch, i know the organisers and will feed back.

Would reply a little - still thought the field was 100% better than last year as was lots Sheep mess last year - unfortunately the original venue was not available as the owner has concentrated on car boots and didnt want anymore shows.

Agree re Kids stuff, the Pony rides were around Saturday but did so little trade they decided not to bring them up Sunday (Only 1 child had a ride). Shelly the organiser was let down by child entertainer, the Lady at the Bouncy Camper was face painting instead but dont know if it was free or not.

SHowers - again balls up.

Toilets - to be fair a plumbed in Portacabin with electricity and a Boiler for hot water is pretty much a real loo -a lot better than the portaloos at Camperjam.

Traders - they lost 2 parts and a conversion traders to the rearranged VanWest and yes, to many crafty ones really as only saw 1 conversion company and about 5 people in the Autojumble on Saturday.

Thought the music saturday daytime was good and the kids absolutely loved the Park, Skate park and basketball/football pitch.

Guys, all feedback welcome and will be fed back as is as they are doing a post show meeting in a weeks time to try and get next years better.

My own feedback at moment is mainly about how little for kids really.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts