VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone

Today I was told at work that one of us may have to be made redundant and since I have only worked there for just over a year it will more than likely be me. I work at a BMW Dealership and work has really dropped off this last few months hence my concern. Unlukily for me my wife also works there, but i think her job is a bit more secure.
Anyway if the big push comes it looks like I may have to sell my T5 which I have not long owned and its a real shame as I am just getting into the whole T5 scene. I have recently just bought a house as well hence I was using the van to collect materials etc.
They are letting us know tomorrow or early next week so fingers crossed or my new van may be in the classified on E-bay.:confused:

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Think possative pal it may not be u . I have been in redundancy situation each year for the past 2 .. Long service does not come into it all the time ..... Sickness and other thing may come into it .. Chin up T:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think you will find Peter is right, it's based on suitability for the role and alignment of your skills to the job description, not last in. All the best though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told the local Vauxhall dealer has gone bankrupt in the last few weeks, but Arnlod Clarke has bought them out i think.

I am a joiner but was only working at BM because work was tight and even that is on the edge now.

Nevermind i may win the Lotto this weekend.A:

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
wait and see mate, i was made redundant 8 years ago and i was one of the longest serving employees with 16 years service....
was in a situation where i was begining to hate the job and people i worked for,, i now love my new job and couldnt be more happy in my work........................

·
Banned
5,495 Posts
I was told the local Vauxhall dealer has gone bankrupt in the last few weeks, but Arnlod Clarke has bought them out i think.

I am a joiner but was only working at BM because work was tight and even that is on the edge now.

Nevermind i may win the Lotto this weekend.A:
Sounds pretty harsh but if you work hard you might just be okay. BM seem to be doing well too?

Our local Vx dealer was taken over because they were APPALLING! We had such dreadful service that it was the one time I seriously considered extreme vandalism.

When I heard they'd gone to the wall, I was elated!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wait and see mate, i was made redundant 8 years ago and i was one of the longest serving employees with 16 years service....
was in a situation where i was begining to hate the job and people i worked for,, i now love my new job and couldnt be more happy in my work........................
I;m not too fused about leaving the job to be honest as it was only meant to be for a short time anyway but I didn't want it to happen yet. I wanted to get back into joinery a bit more first.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I;m not too fused about leaving the job to be honest as it was only meant to be for a short time anyway but I didn't want it to happen yet. I wanted to get back into joinery a bit more first.
Were a joinery biz www.riversidejoinery.biz and have 3 months work again so there is work out there but carpentry work is limited that's why I do that at weekends to earn extra cash .
Check our site out

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Yeah I am also Self employed and at the mo I am rushed off my feet. But your always thinking what if it drops off.. Had 3 reps round this week with nothing to do and all have said every one is dead.. but I didn't want to say I am not.. just in case I jinx it. But I had some really decent work over the last few months and I have not really kept up with new quotes just on the basis I have been so busy .. ops.

I wouldn't panic just yet mate. Selling the van would be a knee jerk reaction. besides you may need a van if you do get the boot. As I would just do some odd jobs round and about to keep you going between jobs. Then your be ok.. My neighbour is a Vauxhall Mec and he is at home 2 days a week now.. no work!

Yet my mate who is a local garage is rushed off his feet!

It's out there just got to look for it.. don't sell the van yet ! breath !!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts