VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just thought I would post on here as might be of help to somebody and save them a lot of money and worry.
My van always started up straight away, but for the last week or so it was taking around 3-5 seconds to start, ran and ticked over great once it did start, after reading some of the posts on here I was starting to get worried at the prospect of having to dishout loads of money sorting it. But last night I thought I would try using the spare key I have to start it, and guess what, back to starting first time again, I thought it might have been a fluke but I've been using the spare key all day and it's still starting on the very first turn of the engine.
I could easily be wrong but I'm sure the starting problem had something to do with the key fob, maybe a bad battery in it ???.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It happend to me also last year september weather got colder and bad starting once a while ... and it got worse later on!

Injector seals was the problem ! :blg 2005 T5 2.5

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It happend to me also last year september weather got colder and bad starting once a while ... and it got worse later on!

Injector seals was the problem ! :blg 2005 T5 2.5
Downer, hopeing it can't be the injector seals, I have been keeping a keen eye on the oil level and hasn't move at all, and no smoke on startup. Just seems funny it's been stating bad for a week or so when the engine was hot and cold and as soon as I used the other key it went back to starting great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts