VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atfer having to take a pay cut or loose my job im struggling with funds.
a house and baby cost a lot so something has to give to help financially.
at the mo got my T plate lexus gs300sport on ebay but not one bid, so if that doesnt sell
then the t4 is going to have to go.... i said id never sell the van and what worry's me is if
i do sell id never be able to get another van like what i have or one at all for along time.
tried for new jobs but just bad timing all round.

im put in a position id never thought i would ever be in....

hopefully there is a answer without loosing the van

JONESY

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
not so good mate,i havent worked a day in the last month and before that only 6 days in 5 weeks,so im really feeling it aswell im only just managing to pay my bills as i have no savings,

theres so many people in a similar situation
some grim times ahead :(
hopefully someone will buy the lexus and may help you out short term

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My best wishes goes to you aswell mate hope something comes good for you and me
and all the others out there who need it, it is bad times wage / job cuts and go to the bank
for help and get treated like scum.
cheers jon

info for peeps if allowed to add this in this section:
T plate lexus gs 300 sport fully loaded with dvd player etc on ebay cheap.
located in cheltenham.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I went self employed last year after taking a paycut in my old job or lose it!

The self employed route was ok and i have had work ( gardener) BUT to get the work my rates were low and I seemed to work all hrs with little return..

Ive just got a permanate job now..its only a 3 dayer a week to start but its guaranteed income especially over the winter... i earned £25 last January!!!

Try and keep spirits up and something will hopefully come your way..does make you wonder sometimes if you should be an undesirable with umteen kids and let the government look after you..( awaits DHSS replies! )..

i hope you dont come to sell stuff you love...as once its gone you might never get the funds to buy another...saying that i sold all sorts of junk last winter and had lots more room in the garage..I:

T:

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's sorry to hear & more & more people are ending up this way nowadays. I sold my car not to long ago on ebay & like you no bids ata all till the very last few minutes so I'll keep everything crossed for you bud.T:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Try and keep spirits up and something will hopefully come your way..does make you wonder sometimes if you should be an undesirable with umteen kids and let the government look after you..( awaits DHSS replies! )..

i hope you dont come to sell stuff you love...as once its gone you might never get the funds to buy another...I:

T:
thats my worry if i have to sell my van-once the money was gone i would never be able to replace it :(
as for the dhss part-i found out last week from someone in the jobcentre that a migrant worker in this country is entitled to £82 a month for each child they have left at home in there own country :eek:
i know a polish guy who told me the same-our goverment gives him £82 a month x 3 for his 3 kids that are at home(poland) with his wife-i asked him what the polish goverment gave him and he said £18 for the first child and if you have more than 1 you get nothing for the others-you have to support the others yourself

and you wonder why our country is on its knees

sorry to go off topic

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i do have a side line business doing car valeting but i am being under cut by these
:* :*:*:* foreigners working in pub carparks and supermarkets offering hand car wash £6.00. just cant match that price.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I feel for you. I got laid off at the end of January the second time in 13 months:(
Because I`ve no kids and seperated I`m bottom of the pile. Struggling to find a job that will pay the mortgage! My van needs fitting out inside but at least I got loads of room to throw in the sleeping bag :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
I went self employed last year after taking a paycut in my old job or lose it!

The self employed route was ok and i have had work ( gardener) BUT to get the work my rates were low and I seemed to work all hrs with little return..

Ive just got a permanate job now..its only a 3 dayer a week to start but its guaranteed income especially over the winter... i earned £25 last January!!!

i hope you dont come to sell stuff you love...as once its gone you might never get the funds to buy another...saying that i sold all sorts of junk last winter and had lots more room in the garage..I:

T:
wont disappoint you then................I:

but trust me life on income support is no joke either and i certainly dont feel "looked after"

believe me i really feel like the dregs of society for getting it

and when you try and contact the benefit office, they treat you like you are stupid !!!!

I used to work for the dss a long time ago and it doesnt sit easy being on the receiving end !!!!!

you try and pay for gas, elec ,house insurance, food, clothes, water rates plus i dont rent so have to pay for all repairs on my house. Roof leaking, fire in front room failed its check broken glass in front door and i get £ 58 income support for me, child benefit for nia £20, child tax credit is £57, and £30 maintenance,

I took 4 kids to the swimming baths on monday and it cost me £9.30. ( i didnt know the kids free time ran out at 3 pm and i was too late so i couldn't not pay as they were all looking forward to it........... lesson learnt tho)

Im struggling to put enough away to cover my van insurance and road tax in january I'm using my bike when possible. to save the fuel to allow us to go camping for a few days. and christmas is not going to be easy.

have spent best part of the last 8 hours trying to find a job which would pay even £15k and there is jack **** out there.

and thats as a graduate ( yes i finally did it !!!!) after 3 years in uni.

the guy at the job centre said go back to uni again cos there are no jobs out there but having just graduated ( and now have a student loan of £13k + as well ) there is no financial student help ...................but unless i get a job then i'm going back as i cant sit home on my bum and do nothiong , and just have to hope that when everything picks up at least i will be well qualified to get a bloody job !!!!!!

all i can say is i'm hanging in there and believe it will get better

other wise i'm going to have to sell my van too.........................

whats the song ????

" Things can only get better ...................."

slightly ****** off and totally skint

Daaisy

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
this hread just about sums up the downward spiral that our econemy is heading. I feel for anyone that has to sell things that they work to get in the first place just to survive now.
and as we can see from daaisy even being a graduate doesnt help either.

really hope things pick up for you all. fingers crossed on the lexus sale jonseyT:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Tough times:(

i recently got a refund of payment protection insurance back from a loan i took out years ago......i had been missold it basically pretty much all ppi's were mislod check your finances etc see if you have been paying a ppi which you need not have been

i complined and got £5k back sorted out a few financial issues

PM me for details if it helps

cheers

and good luck

I work for the NHS there is always jobs advertised on the intranet job website from brain surgens to porters cleaner drivers, helpers, admin etc etc all the pay in the NHS is pretty good to be honest and added benefits of full pay when off sick ful paid holidays etc etc...

all ways worth chcking out the nhs jobs website and your local hospital, with the swine flu pandemic there wil e a lot of bank agency work to cover staff sickness etc..............

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Jonesy i'm sorry to hear that mate. We have been there this year as Jer was made redundant and i am on a 20% pay cut. Shortly i will taking maternity leave so we will be even worse off:(

I too have thought of the cost of keeping the van but Jer is adament on keeping it.

But when times are hard something has too give. Hope things get better for you and the family:gl

Tra:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts