VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
does anybody know if the Velle and TDI badges on the rear door(s) are glued on or fixed through the metal on studs ?

Guessing they are glued and if so what is the best way of getting them off without trashing the paint ?

Cheers
Garf

·
Registered
329 Posts
I just took of my transporter badge of off the rear and it was stuck on a with foam spacer and adhesive, so guess the tdi etc would be the same.

I used a flat bladed screw driver all round while using a cloth wrapped peice of timber to save the paintwork, only took about 5 mins, then an hour to get the sodding sticky glue off and i have some special spray for that!;)

·
Registered
898 Posts
Its an old tip but works well-fishing wire or dental floss behind the badge/cutting through the adhesive,clean after with bug-tar remover,polish/wax
Sorted and no risk of scratching the paintworkT:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The old dodge for this job is to apply some heat either use hot water,hairdryer or a paint stripper gun to soften the glue. Personally I'd use the paint stripper gun (easier to control than hot water and quicker than a hairdryer,though you do run the risk of burning your paint/fingers)
used this way to remove my golf badges best way i think but like you say watch you dont burn your fingers the letters come off hot LOL:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Try going to your local hot jet wash & blast the hot water at the badge, then simply peel the badges off:ILU:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts