VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,972 Posts
i have just spent out on a ball joint tool which will be put out to forum members for a fee
could a list of other members that rent these tools out be made a sticky T:
He be the one who started this thread :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi,

I was supposed to be having my ball joints replaced (MOT failure) at my local Garage but they've just informed me that it's causing all sorts of problems. They're talking about heating it up to get it out? I said I'd look into it as they're nice enough blokes. Would you suggest hiring one of these things or should they be able to take care of it?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the tools for upper and lower ball joints. Also have the hand held vag com, brake pipe flaring tools, thread insert tools, and other specalised bits. Also able to weld. Happy to help out around the Oxfordshire area.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the tools for upper and lower ball joints. Also have the hand held vag com, brake pipe flaring tools, thread insert tools, and other specalised bits. Also able to weld. Happy to help out around the Oxfordshire area.
Based in Cardiff unfortunately. I guess they'll muddle through tomorrow.

·
Registered
223 Posts
ive just got the puller , doing my own this weekend , , if anyone in cumbria /sw scotland need top ball joints done , instead of sending it out for a fee ,you are more than welcome to do the job in my work unit for a fee , (should have 2 post ramp fitted soon too ) T:
can do it for you for slightly higher fee !I:

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have one that my mechanic has in his unit, i can pass you his number if you want , he would need to do the job for you. We are in hurley.
thanks for that T: , that would be good cheers muchly , is it a beer tokens job or full book in garage job ? I dont mind doing all the donkey work.........

41 - 60 of 108 Posts