VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3613 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
am i right in thinking there is only me, higgy and terry highvoltage who will be running these? :D

no one else has taken up on the banded steel offer, which surprised me :* so if you are, please stand up and be counted and look forward to seeing pics of them on your bus' T:

welcome to the elite (still/for now ;)) banded steel club :D

:ILU:

mine...

lowered -60mm rear on T4sRus springs with spring assistors, front prob down 80ish mm

on vito 15's...

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
I love the banded steels look, but I guess the problem is that people are worried about the structural integrity of cut'n'shut wheels on a potentially heavy laden vehicle and, when you cost up getting them done properly from a reputable company, you can get a set of decent alloys for the same money... :ILU:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
am i right in thinking there is only me, higgy and terry highvoltage who will be running these? :D

no one else has taken up on the banded steel offer, which surprised me :* so if you are, please stand up and be counted and look forward to seeing pics of them on your bus' T:

welcome to the elite (still/for now ;)) banded steel club :D

mine...

:cool:
Any excuse for a picture Dave LOL:

Drooooool! ;)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I love the banded steels look, but I guess the problem is that people are worried about the structural integrity of cut'n'shut wheels on a potentially heavy laden vehicle and, when you cost up getting them done properly from a reputable company, you can get a set of decent alloys for the same money... :ILU:
Exactly... I am torn between a set of nice alloys or a set of banded steels that look like Paulm's...

Speaking of which, what size are your wheels Paul? Are they standard T4 15"?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Exactly... I am torn between a set of nice alloys or a set of banded steels that look like Paulm's...

Speaking of which, what size are your wheels Paul? Are they standard T4 15"?
ahem...its Dave ;)

no they arent 15's and no they arent VW H:...they are merc vito 16 6.5J ET60's banded to 9J ET29 front and 9.5J ET22 rear I:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did they fit on ok or did you need to make any modifications? how much did they set you back?
only mod needed was to space my sliding door... and you can buy the wedges/spaces on here now... and cost wise the tyres were £200, my wheels cost me £120 new, and £330 for banding T:...so all in £650ish :ILU:....which is way less than buying new wheels and tyres that everyone else has I: ;)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
only mod needed was to space my sliding door... and you can buy the wedges/spaces on here now... and cost wise the tyres were £200, my wheels cost me £120 new, and £330 for banding T:...so all in £650ish :ILU:....which is way less than buying new wheels and tyres that everyone else has I: ;)
Hmmm... so I just need to find a cheap set of steel wheels...already been multi-tasking and checking fleabay but nothing jumping out at me. Thing is, I dont really want to spend £100 on a set of steels!! these days I would have thought people are vitually giving them away!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi

Just ordered up some 17 steelies, any recomendation on who to use for the banding, good and bad experiences, prices and any contact no,s would be appreciated.

My T5 is curently have some fun in a paint booth so i will post some photos when i can get it back.

Paul

1 - 20 of 3613 Posts