VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

2541 - 2560 of 2581 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
You mean just get on with life? I think we've deduced that you're not going to get this certificate thing you want from anyone on a public forum and to be honest, why should you. The numbers of banded steels sold vs failure rate by the likes of Colese etc speaks for itself. Since Colese is the only active person on here that does banded steels, I suggest you contact the following directly in your quest:
Banded Steels Essex
Duchy Banded Steels
Alonze Customs

Good luck.
You tell my why they should not certificate their rims fit for road use it's standard practice for safety related car parts. And if someone is selling their gear on here they should have the balls to either state they are fit for purpose (road use) or they are for show use.
And just remember before having a pop at me it was you who dragged this subject back up with your little dig at me.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You tell my why they should not certificate their rims fit for road use it's standard practice for safety related car parts. And if someone is selling their gear on here they should have the balls to either state they are fit for purpose (road use) or they are for show use.
And just remember before having a pop at me it was you who dragged this subject back up with your little dig at me.
Dragging the subject up? Its you popping up every few days responding to your multiple posts about something you're not going to get. Not having a pop at anyone, merely stating facts.

I think we've all come to the conclusion that maybe banded steels aren't right for you and the rest of the users of them on this massive thread are all going to be killed to death because we've not got a bit of paper that says they're ok to use.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dragging the subject up? Its you popping up every few days responding to your multiple posts about something you're not going to get. Not having a pop at anyone, merely stating facts.

I think we've all come to the conclusion that maybe banded steels aren't right for you and the rest of the users of them on this massive thread are all going to be killed to death because we've not got a bit of paper that says they're ok to use.
I had not said nout for a bit till you put your smart comment up about getting a certificate. I don't see an answer to the question I put to you but then again I didn't really expect one. and who do you think you are telling me bands are not for me I intend to run bands but I will find a welder that is qualified to weld not just somebody who just thinks he can weld in his shed. I can weld and am good but there is more to welding than just laying a nice bead hence the reason for finding a welder that is certified to do the job.
So wots the problem in asking if a certain supplier is using a coded welder to weld their bands, if you want to stick your head up your in ignorance that's up to you, when I first asked a question on this forum it was aimed at a supplier on here not you or anybody else for that matter so let the man himself speak and wind your neck in.I:

·
Registered
682 Posts
It doesn't take alot of brain power to see that the suppliers on here don't post much, probably because they're busy. Why don't you just give them a call and ask them directly? Might be an idea worth considering.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It doesn't take alot of brain power to see that the suppliers on here don't post much, probably because they're busy. Why don't you just give them a call and ask them directly? Might be an idea worth considering.
Hi there is a supplier that does post A LOT in this thread and it doesn't take a lot of brain power to see that.
Look let's get something straight if they were welded by a coded welder and fit for road use don't you think a certain seller would be shouting about it go on think about It:

And just note I would not even be making any more comments on this thread about this subject if it was not for smart s keep taking a swipe at me, I would have dropped it way back as i already had my answer as I have said before silence speaks volumes :*
So if people didn't keep stirring it having their little pops i would have no more to say on the subject but the problem is certain people on here don't know when to leave it alone and keep their comments to themselves *<:)>

·
Registered
20 Posts
My steels. Amaroks banded by Tamar. Cracked one front due to terrible Portuguese pot holed road not agreeing with low profile stretched tyres, tiny split in another from the valve hole. Both welded up fine and neither were cracked on the bands. Insured as banded steels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi DaveyB - I'm brand brand new to all this, but i have just purchased some banded Steelies, similar to yours 9J at the front, 9.5J on the rear. Are you able to share with me your tyre sizes please as i'm running 16" Stds at them moment with no clearance issues, despite a 120mm drop on H&R Deep Coilovers?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Hi DaveyB - I'm brand brand new to all this, but i have just purchased some banded Steelies, similar to yours 9J at the front, 9.5J on the rear. Are you able to share with me your tyre sizes please as i'm running 16" Stds at them moment with no clearance issues, despite a 120mm drop on H&R Deep Coilovers?

Many thanks.
Easy, use willtheyfit.com to compare to standard fitments for your model (from the sticker on the van), avoid daft sidewall stretch and make sure theyre adequately load rated.

·
Registered
10,147 Posts

Many thanks.
Out of interest what steels have you had banded ...16",17",18" or 19" ?

Where did you have them done ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, i actually bought them already done off ebay, they shipped from Germany, so the guy was acting as a broker. Now looking back at the threads, this really should get the comments flowing! Mine are the standard 17" off a T5.1

·
Registered
2,402 Posts

Many thanks.
Mine are 8.5 and 9.5s. Tyres are 225/50 up front and a 225/55 at the back.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Appreciate this Y:

Lakes biking weekend by DaveyBoyWonder, on Flickr

Banded nearly 4 years ago by Steve Fethers from Banded Steels Essex. Not dead yet :db
So this is you're van DaveyB . Did you knock Gav off he's new bike. I told Stu to remove he's stabilisers but it might be best to leave them on.

Mind you, there's no danger of you running over anyone in that van. Send us some Pics when you get the suspension fitted.

2541 - 2560 of 2581 Posts