VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

2561 - 2580 of 2581 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
So this is you're van DaveyB . Did you knock Gav off he's new bike. I told Stu to remove he's stabilisers but it might be best to leave them on.

Mind you, there's no danger of you running over anyone in that van. Send us some Pics when you get the suspension fitted.
Sorry, I'm not sure what planet you're on today Mike but I don't know who Stu or Gav are, why I'd be knocking them off their bikes or why I'd waste my time sending you pictures of my van?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi , quick question - will 10J 16 inch banded steels let the sliding door clear on a T5?

They came off a T6 where the sliding door cleared just about.

Thanks, mike

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
16s are apparently made of a thinner gauge steel. That said never heard of any failing due to that.

10j on a banded 16/17 which I think have the same widths and offsets to start with should, in theory, be ok but it depends what you have on the inside of your door and how low you are. A big carpeted panel for example will rub on a 9.5 wheel that's been lowered a lot I:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Some ace looking t5’s in here, shame a lot of the old pictures are not viewable, i’m 90% sure I’ll be following suit next year

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, first post here. I've been following this thread for a while as I'm planning to order a set of banded wheels for my LWB T5.1 Currently I'm running a set of Tamar 18inch smoothie steels with 255/45/18 tires and a set of standard 17inch steels with wintertires in 235/55. for the banded wheels I'm thinking about 9J front and 9,5J for the rear ones. What tires size will fit (no stretching) and would it be possible to use the same size for front and rear? I don't want to mess up the handling or extra wear on the tire. The van is lowered 40mm.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Who's selling bandeds on ebay, is this the same chap who does most in this thread, colese is it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
33 Posts

17" GP Steels banded to 8.5" front 9.5" rear by Dutchy banded steels T:
Just wondering what tyre sizes that you have on there and how much your van is lowered. That's the look I'm after, looks nice but still practical. Cheers Mark.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Just wondering what tyre sizes that you have on there and how much your van is lowered. That's the look I'm after, looks nice but still practical. Cheers Mark.
235/55/17 103XL landsail LS388 good tyres for the price.
Van is on stance+ road setup lowered out max up front and rears adjusted to suit. Good setup comfy ride and no issues with grass and speed bumps etc. Good style/practicality compromise for a camper..

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
235/55/17 103XL landsail LS388 good tyres for the price.
Van is on stance+ road setup lowered out max up front and rears adjusted to suit. Good setup comfy ride and no issues with grass and speed bumps etc. Good style/practicality compromise for a camper..
Thanks for that, I was looking at the Stance+ or Stance+ ultra low. I have heard good things about both, Have to sell alloys first though !

·
Registered
502 Posts
Spent a good hour or so looking at duchy's banded wheels on facebook last night, the want is even stronger now!

Unfortunately the wallet is also thinner now!

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
Spent a good hour or so looking at duchy's banded wheels on facebook last night, the want is even stronger now!

Unfortunately the wallet is also thinner now!

• Some fab stuff on there Bill , reminds me of 'street machine' magazine when i was a kid . Something very understated about sticking with steels . You do realise that double banded 19's or bigger is the only way to go from here on ....get ya money out . ?

·
Registered
502 Posts
  • Some fab stuff on there Bill , reminds me of 'street machine' magazine when i was a kid . Something very understated about sticking with steels . You do realise that double banded 19's or bigger is the only way to go from here on ....get ya money out . ?
yeah there‘s some ace wheels on there, definitely made my mind up on bandeds ( one day )

keep switching between 17’s & 18’s though, “think” I prefer the 17’s, then again........

double banded 19’s ???

oh and I now have no money, spent it all on buying the bus ?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah i think you've summed that up pretty well, I'll keep dreaming for a bit. Need coilovers 1st, looks like its on stilts!

2561 - 2580 of 2581 Posts